Ben Hudson 2013????

Started by Nails, November 26, 2012, 01:59:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nails

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/151717/default.aspx

No guarantees yet... but could he end up playing with every one of the 18 clubs? Will be interesting to see if he says "stuff it, I'm going to play again"

DTCoach

Surely Collingwood even wanting Hudson as support for Jolly while Grundy/Witts while they develop is a bad sign for them as rookie prospects.

Witts looked a good option a week ago, as did Grundy. Grundy joining Witts at the Pies made each of them more shakey. Hudson coming in would make me steer well clear of either I think.

Ruck bench will be tricky. I dont ideally like the idea of paying the premium for Daniher either when he will either be unlikely to make a heap of cash or end up being kept for DPP link if using a roughead or Cox (if Given DPP)

Capper

I thought he moved up to Birsbane as that is where his business was??

Ricochet

Quote from: DTCoach on November 26, 2012, 02:23:17 PM
Surely Collingwood even wanting Hudson as support for Jolly while Grundy/Witts while they develop is a bad sign for them as rookie prospects.

Witts looked a good option a week ago, as did Grundy. Grundy joining Witts at the Pies made each of them more shakey. Hudson coming in would make me steer well clear of either I think.

Ruck bench will be tricky. I dont ideally like the idea of paying the premium for Daniher either when he will either be unlikely to make a heap of cash or end up being kept for DPP link if using a roughead or Cox (if Given DPP)
might have to consider someone like Daw

nostradamus

yep agree.......Goldy, Luey, Daniher, Daw and Roughead fwd for mpp link

DTCoach

I was thinking Daw as it was but hoping there would be another viable, cheap alternative to Daniher.

Hoggyz_a_legend

Quote from: Ricochet on November 26, 2012, 02:34:18 PM
Quote from: DTCoach on November 26, 2012, 02:23:17 PM

might have to consider someone like Daw

I was thinking the same, but Daw is now in the exact same case as Grundy and Witts, with Currie being drafted.

So even if Hudson doesn't go to Pies as a Rookie, it'll be hard choosing bench rucks regardless, with both pairs of rucks most likely stealing games and obviously points from eachother.

Daniher is almost a lock for me at this stage due to the above, even with his premium rookie price. Depending on Vardy's price, he is looking more appealing by the day. But he's also under a JS cloud with the drafting of HMac.

Flowering recruitment staff stuffing us around!

Football Factory

Quote from: nostradamus on November 26, 2012, 02:54:44 PM
yep agree.......Goldy, Luey, Daniher, Daw and Roughead fwd for mpp link
+ 1  ..and Cox forward for DPP link  ;)

nrich102

Has he ever heard of retierment  :o :o

Noz

I remember when players retired they retired for good.

nrich102

SydneyRox

Quote from: Noz on November 26, 2012, 07:40:20 PM
I remember when players retired they retired for good.

nah... when was that?

Windigo

Quote from: tabs on November 26, 2012, 02:27:30 PM
I thought he moved up to Birsbane as that is where his business was??

He just loves money.  :P