Main Menu

Nigey's First Round Phantom Draft 2012

Started by Nige, November 15, 2012, 08:12:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

I've been reading up a bit and trying to learn as much about the potential draftees as possible by looking at other phantom drafts, articles and whatnot. Then I saw a status made by the AFL Free Agency, Trade, Draft & Season News page on Facebook which has set up a little competition. So, this is partially because I want to win that competition but also for fun. I really don't care if you criticise it and stuff because I basically just did this for the hell of it. However, with that said, thoughts are welcome. I'm not including notes on why I picked each because I'm not the most knowledgeable. But yeah, here it is.

1: GWS â€" Lachie Whitfield
2: GWS â€" Jimmy Toumpas
3: GWS â€" Lachie Plowman
4: MEL â€" Ollie Wines
5: WBD â€" Sam Mayes
6: WBD â€" Jono O’Rourke
7: PTA â€" Brodie Grundy
8: BRI â€" Kristian Jaksch
9: RIC â€" Nick Vlastuin
10: ESS - Joe Daniher F/S
11: CAR â€" Jake Stringer
12: GWS â€" Dayle Garlett
13: GCS â€" Jackson Macrae
14: GWS â€" Troy Menzel
15: NTM â€" Tom Clurey
16: GEE â€" Ben Kennedy
17: FRE â€" Mason Shaw
18: COL â€" Tim Membrey
19: COL â€" Nathan Hrovat
20: ADE â€" Sam Colquhoun
21: COL â€" Aidan Corr
22: WBD â€" Josh Simpson
23: SYD â€" Jackson Thurlow
24: BRI â€" Nick Graham

tbagrocks

Steel of the draft would be if Geelong got Ben Kennedy, he's as talanted as Jimmy :-X

Torpedo10

Grundy at 7 is downright ridiculous.  ::) I know this sounds crazy but apparantly Troy Menzel being re-interviewed by GWS with a chance of going pick 3.  :o Surely they wouldn't if the could at 14?

Toga

Quote from: Torpedo10 on November 15, 2012, 08:25:58 PM
Grundy at 7 is downright ridiculous.  ::) I know this sounds crazy but apparantly Troy Menzel being re-interviewed by GWS with a chance of going pick 3.  :o Surely they wouldn't if the could at 14?

that's the thing with those blokes like Stringer and Menzel that've had serious injuries... You just don't know where they'll go! Realistically both of them could well be top 5 or so, but injuries have seemed to put clubs off. But who's to say someone like Richmond or Carlton won't take him before GWS gets another pick at #12? :o

Jroo

Quote from: Torpedo10 on November 15, 2012, 08:25:58 PM
Nice work Nigey!
And Grundy could slip as far as pick 9 to Richmond or pick 12 to GWS  :o
GWS probably should pick Plowman at 3, because he is no chance to be there at 12/14 while Menzel is.

elephants

Was kinda hoping Wines would slip to WCE at our pick 46 but I guess I'll survive. Good work there Nigey ;)

Mr.Craig

Port will have an orgasm if they get Grundy.