Main Menu

an FF members look at the Melbourne Cup

Started by tbagrocks, November 05, 2012, 01:14:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windigo

Dunaden has history against him for him to go back to back with his weight.  :-\

Last year he dropped 3.5 KG's for the race. Not this year.

Jukes

Green Moon and Mount Athos top 2, I can sense it. This will definitely happen I feel. Stuff 11/4/7.

BratPack

Here's my thoughts. Just from casually observing things.

1. Dunaden can't win. 58 he was a shot, 59 is a bridge too far, he'll run top 5 but I think in the final furlong the weight will leave him wanting.

2. Big smokey is Cavalryman. Godolphin don't bring out slouches and they definately wouldn't bring Frankie Dettori out to ride if they didn't think he was a shot

3. Omen punters. Take Galileo's Choice. 10 years after Media Puzzle, Dermott Weld is back again and he's also griping about the track...and he only does that when he thinks he's a big show

4. Lights of Heaven is over the odds, hers was the best run in the Caulfield and it's crying out for 3200

5. Despite what the odds say. Unusual Suspect isn't the worst horse in the race. He'll get the 3200...something you can't say about every horse in the race

My top 6 in no particular order

7 Cavalryman
12 Galileo's Choice
17 My Quest for Peace
20 Lights of Heaven
2 Americain
19 Tac De Boistron

Hawka

Quote from: BratPack on November 05, 2012, 02:51:23 PM
Here's my thoughts. Just from casually observing things.

1. Dunaden can't win. 58 he was a shot, 59 is a bridge too far, he'll run top 5 but I think in the final furlong the weight will leave him wanting.

2. Big smokey is Cavalryman. Godolphin don't bring out slouches and they definately wouldn't bring Frankie Dettori out to ride if they didn't think he was a shot

3. Omen punters. Take Galileo's Choice. 10 years after Media Puzzle, Dermott Weld is back again and he's also griping about the track...and he only does that when he thinks he's a big show

4. Lights of Heaven is over the odds, hers was the best run in the Caulfield and it's crying out for 3200

5. Despite what the odds say. Unusual Suspect isn't the worst horse in the race. He'll get the 3200...something you can't say about every horse in the race

My top 6 in no particular order

7 Cavalryman
12 Galileo's Choice
17 My Quest for Peace
20 Lights of Heaven
2 Americain
19 Tac De Boistron
Yea the weights the concern for Dunaden but its an amazing horse

Im thinking of plonking a dollar each way on Unusual suspect lol , at the moment 251 to win and 63 the place

kilbluff1985

Hey Hawka just so you know sportsbet are paying 4 places so if you bet on a horse to place and he comes 4th you still get paid out however max payout for 4th is $300 =(

Hawka

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on November 05, 2012, 03:36:47 PM
Hey Hawka just so you know sportsbet are paying 4 places so if you bet on a horse to place and he comes 4th you still get paid out however max payout for 4th is $300 =(
Cheers!
But not 18 so cant bet online, just going to the TAB with a friend later to put mine on
Will keep that in mind next year!