Main Menu

Brogan to play on

Started by Ziplock, October 30, 2012, 08:37:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ziplock

https://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/150499/default.aspx

good on him, I honestly thought this would probably happen. Means we mightn't try for seaby now.

phillips and frost have been promoted to the senior list, while cooyou has been delisted.

I'm a bit cut about the cooyou delisting- I really liked him in nab, and was surprised he took so long to debut... he did some nice stuff against the saints too :(

ossie85

Cooyou surprises me also Zip, but with an expanded list someone has to go I suppose.

Dean Brogan would surely be doing more of a coaching role these days you'd think

Capper

Quote from: ossie85 on November 02, 2012, 09:26:14 AM

Cooyou surprises me also Zip, but with an expanded list someone has to go I suppose.

Dean Brogan would surely be doing more of a coaching role these days you'd think
bugger, surely he will be picked up by another team, like you said looked good in the NAB

Justin Bieber

Ziplock

he's a small forward, who's pretty talented, and quite quick, just didn't have the build yet.

what team needs one of those?

Justin Bieber

Brogan may be delisted so they can get that extra list spot and for Tippett who wants to be number one pick in the pre season draft.

Ziplock

he got delisted :(

looks like we're gunning for tipppppppppet

Nige

Hopefully Brogan gets back on the list again and gets to play another year.

Toga

Quote from: Ziplock on November 13, 2012, 06:02:42 PM
he got delisted :(

looks like we're gunning for tipppppppppet

I wonder how Broges would feel about that... Do you think he wouldn't mind, as he gets to stay on as a coach, or would he be a bit peeved that he's been jibbed another year of playing? ???

ossie85

Didn't he sign a year contract? Doesn't that mean even if they delist his salary is included in the salary cap?

Ringo

That should be the case Oss.  Fevola was included in our Salary Cap till this year  :-[ :-[ :-[

Ziplock

I dunno :/

I think they meant free up a spot though, not free up salary cap.

nas

Quote from: Ziplock on November 14, 2012, 10:30:44 AM
I dunno :/

I think they meant free up a spot though, not free up salary cap.

Think you are correct there. Spot for the option of Tippett

Ziplock

basically.

For tippett we'd either need to cut another youngster (I'm still sad about cooyou :( ), or brogan/ cornes.

brogan was really the only viable option.

Justin Bieber

I said this first and of course my sources are correct :D