Main Menu

Russell joins Pies

Started by Mailman the 2nd, October 25, 2012, 04:45:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jroo

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on October 25, 2012, 04:45:04 PM
http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/150238/default.aspx

For pick 71 as well  :o
He was going to get delisted any way. Good work for the pies though., I reckon Russell will play every game next season and get back to his best. He finished 2nd behind Judd in the 2010 B&F

Cruiseon

I've been teasing my Carlton friends that any Carlton player who finishes second in their B&F should be a good 25th or 26th man down at Collingwood.

Not a lot to lose it would seem.

fidou

Quote from: Cruiseon on October 25, 2012, 06:36:01 PM

I've been teasing my Carlton friends that any Carlton player who finishes second in their B&F should be a good 25th or 26th man down at Collingwood.

Not a lot to lose it would seem.

You can have him. Just teasing you cruise. It's always mystifying when someone crosses over to the enemy as do some of the pies come to Carlton but if they don't perform at the blues we get someone like O''hailpan to kick them up the arse.

Shaggy

I called this that it will happen. He is what we need in defense, another rebounding player that can give harry O a real challenge for his spot.

tbagrocks

Quote from: Shaggy on November 04, 2012, 04:56:24 PM
I called this that it will happen. He is what we need in defense, another rebounding player that can give harry O a real challenge for his spot.
What's the chances of him making the best 22? I really thought Port would get him, obviously the Maggies see him as helping their Premiership run! But is he only back-up or will he be part of the title tilt?

Shaggy

Quote from: tbagrocks on November 04, 2012, 05:04:57 PM
Quote from: Shaggy on November 04, 2012, 04:56:24 PM
What's the chances of him making the best 22? I really thought Port would get him, obviously the Maggies see him as helping their Premiership run! But is he only back-up or will he be part of the title tilt?

I think he sits outside of the 22 but has the potential to push Maxwell or Harry O'Brien out of the side. He can play on a 3rd or 4th tall plus his rebounding skills are better than that of Harry. His kicking hasn't been fantastic in the past but we have a good basic skills department to fix that up a bit. :P