Price: $241,200 (FanPlanner)

2011 Games: N/A

2012 Games: 5

2011 Average: N/A

2012 Average: 58.6

2012 Tons: -

2012 Big Games: 81 (Giants), 73 (Roos)

Summary:
Top 10 draft pick in 2011, I for one expected Billy Longer to feature prominently in his first year at the Lions after the LTI of Matty Leuenberger at the start of the season. However I was wrong, because Voss opted to play Ben Hudson predominently throughout the season. Why, I have no idea, as I would've thought the development of Billy would have been a priority for the Lions this year. Whilst he only got 5 opportunities in the 1's this year, he was subbed off for a measly 21 against Essendon - taking out this score, he averaged a very respectable 68 ppg this year, which is a fantastic effort for a big man in his first season imo. Would've liked to see some more games from him this year, but only appearing five times has ensured that he will recieve a 20% discount next season, making him underpriced.

Verdict:
Not for me next season. There are just too many value ruck pickups next year imo, and while he could make a quality emergency, I don't think he'll feature enough with the Berger coming back from injury, I'd imagine Longer will be left to continue his development in the Brissy Reserves next year (unless Hudson retires). Definitely one to watch in his third year in 2014 though!

Predicted 2013 average: 65

Adamant

Great write up  :)
Not for me at that price I dont think...

nrich102

It depends on weather Hudson retires or not. It'll still be a no though.

DT87

Good write up, but I definitely won't be paying over $200k for a 19 year old ruckman. Even if he does a Kreuzer and averages about 75 in his second year (which is pretty unlikely) it's still questionable if he is worth the price.

Holz

Capper

Burger wil come in next year and be the number 1 ruck with either Longer or Hudson backing him up

I wont be looking at him unless burger is still out

Ziplock

Hudson performed well, and lions didn't want another embarrassment of a year. Longer can take his time to develop with leuen back, no issue.

Shihan7

Toga

Anyone considering billy now that Hudson has announced his retirement?

The recruitment of stef martin might restrict him a bit but still could present good value...

nrich102

Quote from: Toga on October 27, 2012, 03:22:26 PM

The recruitment of stef martin might restrict him a bit but still could present good value...
He has?? He hasn't by AFL.com

Spite

There was a quote from a lions official last year saying that he would play 5-6 games in his first year, 8-12 in his second year and I forgot the rest. Think it was their plan to get him to play all games by his fourth year? Either way, Stef Martin just went up in value, not so much longer.

Toga

Quote from: Spite on October 27, 2012, 03:46:24 PM

There was a quote from a lions official last year saying that he would play 5-6 games in his first year, 8-12 in his second year and I forgot the rest. Think it was their plan to get him to play all games by his fourth year? Either way, Stef Martin just went up in value, not so much longer.

Good find. Probably not worth it then, but Stef Martin is surely worth a look (especially if he has R/F DPP)

Justin Bieber