2013 Planning - Initial Team

Started by Matty411, September 07, 2012, 04:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matty411

So many juicy mid price options on the cards for 2013. If DPP is as expected and all these injury returning players hold up, it'll be a good year for DT - and it'll need to be with the lower rate of rookies coming through... Here's a look at my initial team.

Feel free to give feedback and get your thoughts out there.

TEAM NAME: McRath
DEF: B. Gibbs, D. Heppell, M. Suckling, P. Hanley, J. Russell, N. Bock, S. Docherty (B. Staker, M. Davies)
MID: D. Beams, B. Stanton, J. Redden, M. Murphy, S. Selwood, B. Crouch (T. Mitchell, J. O'Meara)
RUC: N. Naitanui, T. Goldstein (M. Leuenberger, J. Daniher)
FWD: M. Robinson, B. Whitecross, D. Martin, D. Zaharakis, T. Cloke, J. Kennedy, R. Gray (M. LeCras, D. Menzel)
CASH LEFT: $35,000

Once the prices are updated I imagine we'll have at least $3-500k less than expected with VS likely to make up prices for these returning players like LeCras and Leuey but it'll still make for good DTing...

kilbluff1985

Jukes

This should be in the rate my dream team thread mate- ossie will move it for you.

Mr.Craig

A lot of rollercoasters in that lot. Would be interesting...and nauseating.

henry

Matty411

Quote from: henry on September 08, 2012, 01:05:23 PM
No buddy, Gaj or Swan?  ???

Our 2nd team has me starting with Swanny but if you start with GAJ too, it'll take too much of a chuck out of the cap so I'll go with the pig at this stage and likely get in the master mid year.

As for Buddy... I'm thinking of rolling without him in 2013 but if he looks to be a must have as the year progresses I'll defs get him in.

Ziplock

Quote from: Matty411 on September 07, 2012, 04:04:56 PM
So many juicy mid price options on the cards for 2013. If DPP is as expected and all these injury returning players hold up, it'll be a good year for DT - and it'll need to be with the lower rate of rookies coming through... Here's a look at my initial team.

DEF: B. Gibbs, D. Heppell, M. Suckling, P. Hanley, J. Russell, N. Bock, S. Docherty (B. Staker, M. Davies)
MID: D. Beams, B. Stanton, J. Redden, M. Murphy, S. Selwood, B. Crouch (T. Mitchell, J. O'Meara)
FWD: M. Robinson, B. Whitecross, D. Martin, D. Zaharakis, T. Cloke, J. Kennedy, R. Gray (M. LeCras, D. Menzel)

Once the prices are updated I imagine we'll have at least $3-500k less than expected with VS likely to make up prices for these returning players like LeCras and Leuey but it'll still make for good DTing...
Stanton should go, he's a talentless hack who can't score well unless the other team completely ignores him. Russell I would only really go if he heads to like GWS and  is pretty much gifted the main half back role- he's only priced at 51 odd, but he's not extremely likely to average 80+. The rest of your backs and mids are fine- I'd really be putting swanny in for beams though, you need that hyper captain hoption for the 15+ points. Interesting ruck line. Personally, I'd just go Leuen as no.2- odds are he'll go back to 90+ with no real ruck competition, and then you'll be stuck with 3 legitimate ruck options, so unless nic nat is a F/R and you have a rookie ruck link, I'd probably reconsider. Forwards- really mid priced, which I like and I think is the way to go. I was going to express JJ doubts, but I guess he's cheap enough that it's not too risky.

Best of luck mate, looks ok for this  time of year :)

Matty411

Quote from: Ziplock on September 10, 2012, 12:50:59 PM

Stanton should go, he's a talentless hack who can't score well unless the other team completely ignores him. Russell I would only really go if he heads to like GWS and  is pretty much gifted the main half back role- he's only priced at 51 odd, but he's not extremely likely to average 80+. The rest of your backs and mids are fine- I'd really be putting swanny in for beams though, you need that hyper captain hoption for the 15+ points. Interesting ruck line. Personally, I'd just go Leuen as no.2- odds are he'll go back to 90+ with no real ruck competition, and then you'll be stuck with 3 legitimate ruck options, so unless nic nat is a F/R and you have a rookie ruck link, I'd probably reconsider. Forwards- really mid priced, which I like and I think is the way to go. I was going to express JJ doubts, but I guess he's cheap enough that it's not too risky.

Cheers Zip. Yeah I'll run with Swanny and a 5 gun midfield I think. Mid Price in backs and forwards seems the go with Bock, Kennedy, LeCras and another DEF one (likely Russell if he gets picked up like you mentioned) all a chance to run out under our banner. I'm thinking a slightly unique premium list like Suckling, Redden, Scooter and Robbo will give me a bit of POD. The reason for so much $$ left over is to avoid the disappointment when the MN is updated and everyone realizes they can't have 16 premiums in their team... Cheers for the feedback champ!

DEF: B. Gibbs, D. Heppell, M. Suckling, P. Hanley, J. Russell, N. Bock, S. Docherty (B. Staker, S. Colquhoun)
MID: D. Swan, T. Cotchin, J. Redden, M. Murphy, S. Selwood, J. Viney (T. Mitchell, J. O'Meara)
RUC: N. Naitanui, M. Leuenberger (B. Grundy, J. Daniher)
FWD: M. Robinson, D. Martin, D. Zaharakis, T. Cloke, J. Kennedy, M. LeCras, T. Varcoe (S. Mayes, B. Macaffer)
CASH LEFT: $487,400

Adamant

Quote from: Matty411 on September 10, 2012, 01:11:00 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on September 10, 2012, 12:50:59 PM

Cheers Zip. Yeah I'll run with Swanny and a 5 gun midfield I think. Mid Price in backs and forwards seems the go with Bock, Kennedy, LeCras and another DEF one (likely Russell if he gets picked up like you mentioned) all a chance to run out under our banner. I'm thinking a slightly unique premium list like Suckling, Redden, Scooter and Robbo will give me a bit of POD. The reason for so much $$ left over is to avoid the disappointment when the MN is updated and everyone realizes they can't have 16 premiums in their team... Cheers for the feedback champ!

DEF: B. Gibbs, D. Heppell, M. Suckling, P. Hanley, J. Russell, N. Bock, S. Docherty (B. Staker, S. Colquhoun)
MID: D. Swan, T. Cotchin, J. Redden, M. Murphy, S. Selwood, J. Viney (T. Mitchell, J. O'Meara)
RUC: N. Naitanui, M. Leuenberger (B. Grundy, J. Daniher)
FWD: M. Robinson, D. Martin, D. Zaharakis, T. Cloke, J. Kennedy, M. LeCras, T. Varcoe (S. Mayes, B. Macaffer)
CASH LEFT: $487,400
Like the unique premo's, although I reckon you shouldnt go too extreme in the mids...mabye upgrade Scotty Selwood to a Beams/Pendles/GAJ?

Matty411

Like the unique premo's, although I reckon you shouldnt go too extreme in the mids...maybe upgrade Scotty Selwood to a Beams/Pendles/GAJ?
[/quote]

Was planning on starting with only one of Swanny/GAJ - also not 100% sold that Beams and Pendles. I may even go Beams over Swanny ***Shock Horror*** depending on preseason etc and to save $$

As for Selwood - I plan on him (or maybe Barlow/Shuey) to be my big POD. I honestly think (and will reassess come Feb) that 2013 is the year Scooter can break into the elite ala Watson in 2012 (maybe not 112 avg though). We saw earlier in the year he's capable but couldn't sustain it due to perhaps a limited preseason. Has been around long enough now and should take the next step with a full preseason under his belt.

I could make a team full of Swan, GAJ, Beams, Cotchin and Watson like everyone else but then it'd be like everyone else's...

Cheers for the feedback mate - mind you my team will change about 1000 times (literally) before March anyway... bring it on!

Justin Bieber

Quote from: nrich102 on September 12, 2012, 07:00:14 PM
Quote from: Jukes on September 07, 2012, 04:23:28 PM
This should be in the rate my dream team thread mate- ossie will move it for you.
It is, LOL

It wasn't when he posted that comment ::) lol.

tbagrocks

TEAM NAME: tbags rocks
DEF: B. Goddard, J. Grimes, B. Gibbs, G. Birchall, D. Heppell, R. Conca, L. Brown (S. Docherty, S. Colquhoun)
MID: T. Cotchin, J. Redden, P. Dangerfield, M. Murphy, N. Hrovat, B. Crouch (J. O'Meara, T. Mitchell)
RUC: A. Sandilands, M. Leuenberger (B. Grundy, J. Daniher)
FWD: L. Franklin, T. Walker, M. Wright, D. Martin, C. Knights, R. Gray, M. LeCras (A. Krakouer, H. Bennell)
CASH LEFT: $91,700

Adamant

Quote from: tbagrocks on September 12, 2012, 07:07:25 PM
DEF: B. Goddard, J. Grimes, B. Gibbs, G. Birchall, D. Heppell, R. Conca, L. Brown (S. Docherty, S. Colquhoun)
MID: T. Cotchin, J. Redden, P. Dangerfield, M. Murphy, N. Hrovat, B. Crouch (J. O'Meara, T. Mitchell)
FWD: L. Franklin, T. Walker, M. Wright, D. Martin, C. Knights, R. Gray, M. LeCras (A. Krakouer, H. Bennell)
Wrong thread tbag  ;)

stew42

Quote from: tbagrocks on September 12, 2012, 07:07:25 PM
Love it, but only thing I would say is a bit too much of an Adelaide focus. But hey, who am I to stop you???  ;D