Birchall
16 (38.1%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Duck

Which one would you choose and why?

Jay

Birch. Will be the most consistent and likely the one to crack 100 the most

batt

OK, I'm going to say Hartlett and it probably doesn't appear like the obvious option.  Here's why I think he's more suitable as a starter.

Birchall: There are too many ifs with Birch this year with Lake taking a lockdown role.  He will be playing off half-back but their defensive structure could definitely change.  Hawks bad SOS early going means he'll probably be undervalued coming into the byes.  R11 bye means perfect upgrade option.  That being said Birch is all class and Mr. Consistent, however the environment is much less stable than it has been for the past few years and he might be slightly down whilst the Hawks don't get as much of the 3300 because of their SOS.  (I think I just talked myself out of starting Birch)

Hanley:  I don't mind him as much, pretty good SOS early.  The only thing that makes him and upgrade option for me is that he'll dip in price when he pulls one of his sub-70 games.  He presents value, but I don't think he'll make it into my starting team because I think he's worth getting at the bottom of the rollercoaster.  Also with Berger/Zorks/Rockliff/Redden/Staker/Docherty all starter options there might be a bit of Lions overkill. 

Hartlett:  He's so unbelievably talented in comparison to the other two.  He's super injury prone but last year the same could be said for Jobe and that worked out well for those who picked him.  I like him because his raw talent gives him a huge ceiling and with SC donating us 6 extra trades for no reason there is plenty of room for risks and mistakes.

It's a strange predicament on how to attack round 1 with so many trades.

quinny88

Read in the paper that Hanley is set to play further up the field this year so he should be a great pick up

Hagebear

Also Hartlett's first 4..... Melb, GWS, Adel, GC. Could get off to a flyer.

clucktacular

Hanley since he should be playing further up the field.

meow meow

Pearce is gone from Port so Hartlett will be getting tagged every week now.

Hanley would be a nice POD but I think Birchall is a safer choice. You know what you're getting with Grant, and who knows what Voss might do with Hanley.

Ringo

Hanley has been training with the midfield group so there is an indication he will play further up the field.

theta

Brisbane's midfield is sounding awfully crowded this year.... apparently more midfield time for rocky, rich and hanley....plus a little moloney...   :-\

batt

Quote from: theta on February 06, 2013, 09:08:13 PM
Brisbane's midfield is sounding awfully crowded this year.... apparently more midfield time for rocky, rich and hanley....plus a little moloney...   :-\

Haven't you heard?  Vossy is employing a new advanced tactic of his, he'll be a player/coach- playing in the mids.

Oh, he's also put Johnno Brown on a strict vegan diet in order to get him lean enough to play a full match in the midfield.

My Chumps

Although I like Hanley, there isn't much of a reason to select him over Birch.

Bichall's consistent as hell, and has a similiar ceiling to Hanley really.

quinny88

Quote from: My Chumps on February 06, 2013, 11:16:26 PM
Although I like Hanley, there isn't much of a reason to select him over Birch.

Bichall's consistent as hell, and has a similiar ceiling to Hanley really.

A Touch cheaper if you're really tight for cash, thats about all though. Birchall the safest option here