2013 Player Profiles: Mitchell Wallis

Started by Cicjose, September 10, 2012, 08:26:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cicjose

2011 average: 55

2012 average: 83

Everyone loves a 3rd year breakout player and despite the Bulldogs struggles of recent times i think Wallis is the most likely to improve the most from the kennel.

Despite missing 3 games with injury, Wallis finished 2012 top 5 for disposals, frees for, tackles, clearances and contested possessions. He also finished top 10 for marks and goals

with the Bulldogs biggest problem kicking goals i see that he will be allowed more chances to take shots on goal and i believe that better entries inside 50 will become a focus for the Bulldogs thus allowing a more attacking approach for 2013

Predicted average = 100 

Adamant

Can see Wallis having another great year next year...good write-up.

KoopKicka

Cicjose

well im just making sure the upside is highlighted cause hey no point picking players who are not ready to perform right?

Ricochet

will definitely be a gun but not taking the risk on young mid pricers in the midfield this year.
maybe guys like ball and embley because they could be so cheap but not this guy

Capper

Rule 1 next year. No dogs, not even Boyd.

This kid will be a gun, but the dogs need to rebuild and get their structure right. They had a dreadful season this year

The_Captain

Wont average 100. but around 88-93 i think...

henry

I agree I reckon 100 seems a bit generous while Griffen Boyd and Cross are still spending a  lot of time in the midfield. Still could be a viable option but not for me due to Ball and embley being cheaper.

Spinking

I think the Dogs can look forward positively with blokes like Wallis and Liba coming through.  He should go to another level this year, but he wont be in my team.  Too expensive to make any kanga and won't score heavily enough to compete for a gun's spot in my team.

Maybe 2014.

Kellogscrunchynut

Going with 4 guns and 4 rooks so this guy doesn't fit in tried Sloane this season but he taped off at the business end of the year and left me with a disadvantage going into the finals.

elephants

Absolutely one to watch over the next 10 years. Will be premium, no doubt.

Nice write up too :)

Shihan7

Good write up Cicj. Impressive season and will no doubt be a gun in years to come, but going guns and rooks in the midfield :)

The_Captain

yeh! May feature in my 2014 or 2015 as a premium!!

SydneyRox

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-01-13/son-of-a-gun

Priced at a very awkward $427600 currently. Has the potential to go premium this year.
But too risky to be a starter in my Round 1 team

tbagrocks

Really tempted like I just wanna do it, had him in SC last year and he scored well till I traded him

Could be a year away but a third year breakout is not beyond him, maybe it will depend on the fitness of say Coony and Cross etc, if they struggle with fittness Mitch could get a real chance with a key midfield role