Brodie Smith

Started by Screech, February 05, 2013, 03:23:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Screech

What are your thoughts on Brodie Smith from the Adelaide Crows. Shrugged the vest last season and finished off particularly well in the finals. He is a first round draft pick entering his third season of AFL. Has apparantly bulked up in the off season. He plays on the half back and has definite DT potential...Wait till his 4th or 5th season you reckon? Any thoughts most appreciated

Ricochet

Screech

yeah read them both thanks. there was an article in the advertiser today saying he has bulked up significantly in order to improve his tackling....seems like everyone goes with the 5th season breakout theory these days though. thanks anyway.

The F.A.R.K.

Great skills very smooth under pressure but will never be a premium defender. He needs to play more on the wing like in his junior days but crows have him locked in on the half back flank. He has bulked up a lot this season though, i knew him back when he wAs about 15-16 and he was the skinniest kid ever but now hed be one of the biggest at the crows. Can see him adding 10 points to his average but not enough to justify a keeper. Will ave 70-75. He doesnt have a high enough cieling to go 90+

timmyparso

Quote from: Screech on February 05, 2013, 03:36:39 PM
yeah read them both thanks. there was an article in the advertiser today saying he has bulked up significantly in order to improve his tackling....seems like everyone goes with the 5th season breakout theory these days though. thanks anyway.

The Advertiser is not a good sourse for un-biased footy player reviews, they always talk up Crows players. I noted it said he have bulked up but when you look at the photo his arms are comparable to 12 year old girls, bulked up to what?? 70kg??

In short, Smith is a no

Screech

ok thanks if he has the numbers that he was getting late last year in the first few games i will consider him only then...but yeah your probably right will never be a premium def