Backline Rookies and the Round 11 Bye

Started by theta, January 02, 2013, 10:47:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theta

I know its early and we gotta wait for NAB, but is it just me or are 80% of the rookies in the backline who we assume to have higher JS probability this year (of which there are many) seem to share the Round 11 bye?

Apart from Plowman and Terlich, which other Round 12&13 rookies are you guys keeping an eye on?

MTTY

- Nathan Wright
- Dylan Van Unen
- Jed Bews
- Rory Laird
- Jackson Thurlow
- Leigh Osbourne
- Luke Brown

Ringo

Keeping an eye on how the Roos use Cam Richardson in the NAB cup.

Also add Kristian Jaksch to the list as well

theta

Cheers MTTY.

+1

tbagrocks

Very much looking forward to an un subbed Luke Brown early in the season, thank God he's still cheap enough to include 8) I almost guarantee he replaces Doughty, his game will suit Super Coach 8)

meow meow

Quote from: tbagrocks on January 02, 2013, 11:27:52 PM
Very much looking forward to an un subbed Luke Brown early in the season, thank God he's still cheap enough to include 8) I almost guarantee he replaces Doughty, his game will suit Super Coach 8)

The Crows have a gun half back ready to replace Doughty, and he's only $220K! Luke Brown will be busy playing sanfl while Tambling is making Hawthorn regret picking Buddy.

tbagrocks

Interesting theory, lets all agree that Adelaide needs a small defender and Tambling is not going to play on the small forwards :P Neither is Smith, probably not Reilly, don't see VB playing back pocket either, 20yr old Brown is a very good defender and very good with the ball as well 8) The only threat will Be Otten but he's not going to play on a Milne either!

theta

Quote from: tbagrocks on January 02, 2013, 11:42:01 PM
Interesting theory, lets all agree that Adelaide needs a small defender and Tambling is not going to play on the small forwards :P Neither is Smith, probably not Reilly, don't see VB playing back pocket either, 20yr old Brown is a very good defender and very good with the ball as well 8) The only threat will Be Otten but he's not going to play on a Milne either!
Where does Rory Laird fit into your calculations TB?

tbagrocks

Maybe not just yet, he's still pretty small, though he always will be at 176 :P but he's light, yeah he could play bp but more of a half back, there is much competition at half back and still on the rookie list, impressed me much for West Adelaide last year but he will struggle to play much AFL this year anyway, long term he's a beaut! He was a young draftie still at 17 on draft day 2011 so is still only 19 next season

Let's all hope he actually doesn't play, then next season he very well could and at rookie basement price 8)

This year guys like, Jaensch, Martin, Reilly, Smith, Otten will play half back, next year, he will overtake those fringe players (not Smith or Reilly) Smith will play wing and a half back role opens up ;D

theta

Your fanatic passion and biased summaries make me nervous when combined with your use of emoticons....but +1.

tbagrocks

Thank saturday afternoons and the SANFL on the ABC, also late nigh replays, they did seem to show a lot of Norwood and West games last year so, Crouch, Brown, Laird I got a real good look at, and honestly, appart from Crouch's bog in the Prelim, Laird was just as impressive all year for West! Brown got 26 disposals and 10 marks in Norwoods GF win over West, Crouch had no impact and Laird did not play