Main Menu

Crows in 2013

Started by tbagrocks, September 25, 2012, 02:09:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ziplock

and lol, I wouldn't bet on you finishing 8th or lower, but all it takes is substantial improvement by a couple of teams, or a bad injury run, and it's plausible.

for instance, if jacobs goes down, you're flowered.

tbagrocks

Quote from: Ziplock on October 06, 2012, 09:36:26 PM
and lol, I wouldn't bet on you finishing 8th or lower, but all it takes is substantial improvement by a couple of teams, or a bad injury run, and it's plausible.

for instance, if jacobs goes down, you're flowered.
That would be the only line of concern, however with another year and pre-season into Kerners he hill improve, JJ looks a nice footballer to, and really with all the contested ball-winners at Adelaide the Ruck won't matter to much! Adelaide with the improvemnet of Danger Sloane and debue of Crouch will be the No 1 clearance team in 2013, especially if Douglas and Vince continue there end of season form!

There is a lot of depth at the club! 

Small Backs: Stiffy, Jaensch, Reilly, Smith, Martin, Laird, Luke Brown, Henderson

KPD: Thompson, Lynch, Shaw, Rutten, Talia, Otten

Mids: Crouch, Danger, Wright, Thommo, Sloane, Douglas, Vince, VB, Riley, Lyons, Mitch Grigg, Kerridge

Small Fwd: Porps, Callinan, Petrenko, Douglas, Wright, McIntyre

KPF: Lynch, Johnston, JJ, Walker, McKernen, Henderson

All these guys can play and there's a few gems from the SANFL to  ;)

lachie_001

Quote from: Ziplock on October 06, 2012, 08:04:19 PM
so... you played 7th and 6th... of which you won 3/4... not exactly challenging.

yeah, you play port twice every year, atm that just gives you a constant advantage (should port ever rebuild it might give you a disadvantage)... but just because it's always going to be in your draw doesn't mean it's not an edge.

See how you do next year when instead of playing 3 bottom 4 sides twice, and two teams barely scraping into the 8 you end up playing the hawks, swans and someone like wce (when they actually have a forward line). You're lucky you missed out on the GF though- you wouldn't have won it, and that extra position lower might give you a slightly better draw that won't destroy you.

You guys should make the 8 relatively comfortably, but I really, really doubt you'll make the top 4.
Just to let you know mate but when we played west coast, walker was out with suspension, Tippett went down with concussion and Henderson did his hammy. We still won by 50 points, hardly say west coast were disadvantaged..

Antsey

Really don't like Petrenko.  No good against Freo, got injured.  Made a big fuss about getting back for the Hawks, gave away 4 frees and missed a goal before being subbed.  Not ever in my starting 22.

Really like Brodie Martin.

Tominator

Players Who Deserve More Games Next Year
Brodie Martin, Matt Jaensch, Ricky Henderson, Luke Thompson, Andy Otten, Jarryd Lyons, Aidan Riley, TOM LYNCH!!!

Young Stars of the Future
Sam Kerridge, Mitch Grigg, Rory Laird, Brad Crouch

Players Who Need to Improve
Graham Johncock, Ian Callinan, Jared Petrenko, Richard Tambling (probably already gone)

tbagrocks

Jay

Quote from: Tominator on October 08, 2012, 11:56:15 PM
Josh Jenkins, Brodie Martin, Matt Jaensch, Ricky Henderson, Luke Thompson, Andy Otten, Jarryd Lyons, Aidan Riley, TOM LYNCH!!!

Sam Kerridge, Mitch Grigg, Rory Laird, Brad Crouch

Graham Johncock, Ian Callinan, Jared Petrenko, Richard Tambling (probably already gone)

tbagrocks

Quote from: Jayman on October 09, 2012, 12:20:15 AM
Quote from: Tominator on October 08, 2012, 11:56:15 PM
Josh Jenkins, Brodie Martin, Matt Jaensch, Ricky Henderson, Luke Thompson, Andy Otten, Jarryd Lyons, Aidan Riley, TOM LYNCH!!!

Sam Kerridge, Mitch Grigg, Rory Laird, Brad Crouch, Luke Brown

Fixed  ;)

lachie_001

Quote from: Antsey on October 08, 2012, 11:18:46 PM
Really don't like Petrenko.  No good against Freo, got injured.  Made a big fuss about getting back for the Hawks, gave away 4 frees and missed a goal before being subbed.  Not ever in my starting 22.

Really like Brodie Martin.
I agree with petrenko not having a big impact on finals but disagree with him not getting a spot in our 22. He is structurally important as he plays as a defensive forward, he will take the most creative defender and take him out of the game. By doing this he sacrifices his own game and you don't see many bloke crash into packs as hard as he does either. There is good reason why he is carrying that no. 23.

Antsey

Hmmm i was down on him after the Freo game and watched him clattering in to Hawks players from behind giving away frees* 

I'll hang in there as usual - that 23 jumper needs to be filled by a legend or retired!

*Must correct that it was 3 frees against versus the Hawks

Tominator

yeah he shouldn't have played that game... should've been KT, JJ, and Tex

Jay

Quote from: Tominator on October 10, 2012, 02:36:34 PM
yeah he shouldn't have played that game... should've been KT, JJ, and Tex
agreed. JJ kicked 8 that week for Sturt as well :-\