Main Menu

AFL COVERAGE IN QLD/NSW??

Started by betch ya, February 16, 2013, 12:56:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

betch ya

moved to alice springs late last year, and from what i can gather the channels are qld/nsw based. they were playin the nrl footy show b4 the afl footy show(on ch9), but as i moved up weekend b4 the grand final, ch7 were showin live anyway. so my question is do ch7 play friday night, saturday day, saturday night and sunday day games live (or very close 2) that i had been accustomed to living in adelaide? or will it only be brisbane/gold coast games i get with other games being replayed late at night? cheers

strikes91

every game 7 has is live on mate but being in alice springs i'm not sure if you will be on the qld lines. if so you'll get Gold Coast and Brisbane every weekend.

Ringo

As has been said games will be live on one of Sevens additional digital channel 7 mate or 7 two

Last year we had 4/5 games live each week. Always a minimum of 4 including Friday Night but sometimes 5 which may be a result of extra game involving Brisbane or Gold Coast. Saturday Afternoon game was live but next game could have been either the Twilight game or Evening games.  Sunday at times was either the afternoon game or twilight game but all games were live.

Was a big improvement on the previous year where we seen very few games live and Friday Night game usually started around mid night.

Sadly No Nab cups apart from Final on seven.

betch ya

cheers, just weighin up whether to get foxtel or not but 4 games minimum a weekend isnt 2 bad, probably not worth $67 a month for another 3-4 games a weekend.

strikes91

Quote from: betch ya on February 16, 2013, 02:02:17 PM
cheers, just weighin up whether to get foxtel or not but 4 games minimum a weekend isnt 2 bad, probably not worth $67 a month for another 3-4 games a weekend.

depends who you support. if it's neither brisbane or gc i'd consider foxtel

fidou

If you are getting anything close the the NSW coverage I would get Foxtel. Its showerhouse up here. Even if it is on it will be delayed.

Ringo

Quote from: strikes91 on February 17, 2013, 05:40:10 AM

Last year I really enjoyed coverage in Qld compared to the previous years.  Some weekends had 5 games live even with 4 there is a minimum of 2 games not involving Brisbane or GC if you do not support either.
Basically you need to see which states coverage is being taken as well - If Qld you will get the minimum 4 live but not sure of NSW as fidou has highlighted.

Ziplock

I had no issue with the nsw coverage this year, friday, 2 saturday and a sunday game..

Cruiseon

My sister lives in Alice and there is no doubt it is an AFL town. Of course there are expats from all over Australia each who have individual preferences but AFL is the king of the codes in the wider community.

Doesn't mean it always translates into tv coverage but I haven't heard too many complaints from them.

Capper

That is true, The Sydney coverage is great for me as i can watch every Swans game but if you live in Sydney and dont support the Swans or Giants you wont see much of your team. Mind you now that Channel 7 are showing Friday night games i am watching the AFL rather than the NRL

Ziplock

Quote from: tabs on February 20, 2013, 06:06:43 PM

That is true, The Sydney coverage is great for me as i can watch every Swans game but if you live in Sydney and dont support the Swans or Giants you wont see much of your team. Mind you now that Channel 7 are showing Friday night games i am watching the AFL rather than the NRL

ahhh, yeah that's true. A couple of times I was keen to see a freo or gc game, and it wasn't on.

Justin Bieber

All games are on Foxtel. In Brisbane you get the GC and lions games so you usually mis out on the good Saturday night games...

betch ya

cheers lads, decided ill get foxtel just gota wait 2 get approval from landlord so lets hope i get that b4 the footy season finishes haha