Is afl corrupt or are the umpires that bad at their jobs?

Started by owenbond007, July 20, 2012, 10:39:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ziplock

it's not just them. I've heard supporters and even players call it 'winning the free' and it's a flowering shocking term. Free kicks should be paid to protect players, not given out as a reward for excessively dangering themselves.

Sliam

Quote from: Ziplock on October 03, 2012, 09:35:24 PM
Quote from: TheMailman on July 20, 2012, 11:12:33 PM
Different AFL teams play differently.

It isn't as if all 18 have the same players or playstyles

Hence, different ratio of free kicks.

playing for frees is a disgusting concept, a blight on the game and its integrity and should be stamped out.

I meant that players go harder for the ball. 'Winning the free' is just a stupid term spectators made up for players like Kerr and Selwood.

They don't attack the ball to 'win a free.' Nobody does.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Sliam on October 04, 2012, 08:17:52 AM

playing for frees is a disgusting concept, a blight on the game and its integrity and should be stamped out.

I meant that players go harder for the ball. 'Winning the free' is just a stupid term spectators made up for players like Kerr and Selwood.

what about when players cop a little knock and they make there head go backwards to make it look worse then it was? how is that not trying to win a free kick?

Sliam

Quote from: kilbluff1995 on October 04, 2012, 10:29:58 AM
Quote from: Sliam on October 04, 2012, 08:17:52 AM

what about when players cop a little knock and they make there head go backwards to make it look worse then it was? how is that not trying to win a free kick?

Granted. There are people that do that, but the umpires are fairly aware about the players that are most troublesome (e.g. Ballantyne and Leroy jetta 2012) and are more cautious, as they are.

Umpires were pressured enough over the topic of stagiing during the year.

Ziplock

a lot of players do things like duck down to be taken high etc.

and staging is pretty bad.