Main Menu

Can we beat Hawthorn?

Started by Hagebear, September 16, 2012, 10:39:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hagebear

Quote from: Cicjose on September 21, 2012, 04:45:33 PM
im still one of the few that think they have overachieved based on their soft draw....

are they as good as a top 4 side? i don't think so... not yet anyway

are they a top 8 side? probably.....

i would like to see how they go next year but this year has been great for their development
because a lot of opportunities for youngsters this year with Port, GWS and Gold Coast games allowing players to be rested

but if the Hawks don't win then they only have themselves to blame

I would say we deserve to be where we are despite our draw. Our only losses have come against Hawthorn, Collingwood (were in front at 3qtr time, North Melbourne, Geelong and Brisbane.

We beat Geelong by 50pts (7th), West Coast 49pts (6th), Fremantle 3 times (5th) and Sydney 4pts (2nd). I would say we belong to be where we are.

Ringo

Even though you were beaten by Brisbane if you produce 4 quarters of football similar to the first quarter you produced against Brisbane I believe you can beat Hawthorn. That Quarter of football was probably the best quarter of football I had seen this year at the Gabba. I think the quarter time score was something like 39 - 3.

Antsey

To the dudes saying top 8 not top 4, we're in the prelim which = top 4.  I rest my case  8)

And I don't think it's likely we can beat the Hawks.  Unless the boys decide to fulfil their promise there and then tomorrow stepping up from very good to greatness.

Then again are the Hawks great in the same way as the recent (last few years) Geelong? Or that Brisbane team who won 3 and got into a 4th?  Nup.

So my point is we'll lose (probably) cos we're not quite there.  The Hawks aren't quite there yet either but they're further along to there than us.

tbagrocks

Not top four, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Get real, the last two v Demons and Suns, take them out Crows still finished top four so get stuffed ;)

Ziplock

you're not top 4 material...

top 4 material don't lose to brisbane, or get mowed down at home in the finals.

uou made the top 4- doesn't mean you deserved to be there, and the hawks are going to show you that.

BB67th

Quote from: Ziplock on September 22, 2012, 01:24:45 AM
you're not top 4 material...

top 4 material don't lose to brisbane, or get mowed down at home in the finals.

uou made the top 4- doesn't mean you deserved to be there, and the hawks are going to show you that.
West Coast did lose to Brisbane as well. And everyone says they are top 4 material ::)

Jay

Remember Hawthorn lost to Richmond at the 'G' this year. Anything can happen!!!

Carn Crows :D

Grazz

Anything is possible in a 2 horse race. We need to play 4 qtrs of good footy which we havent done in 2 finals thus far.
Hawks are a big ask but im rapt the Crows have got to experience 3 finals this early in Sando's reign, cant buy that.
Not long to wait now.

Colliwobblers

What a shame I was right behind the underdog.

Crows can hold their heads high, that's the definition of a "red hot crack" at clearly the best team in the comp.

Grazz

afl_freak2

well done crows!

The umpires just didnt want you to win.......... well done hawks and (UMPIRES)

Capper

well done to the crows, they played well this season even if the draw was in their favour

Hagebear

Flower! Wish everyone would stop going on about the draw. Simply get over it!