Main Menu

Favourite 2012 Olympic moment?

Started by quinny88, August 13, 2012, 01:05:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jobe#4

Old feck from germanies back wacker........ Wouldve killed
Or that guy dislocating his elbow in the weightlifting ouch!

BB67th

Quote from: c4v3m4n on August 13, 2012, 07:32:59 PM
Quote from: Cicjose on August 13, 2012, 06:51:28 PM
Quote from: BB67th on August 13, 2012, 06:47:12 PM
My favourite moment was probably Sally getting gold for Australia. On the flip side I was so disappointed when South Africa didn't finish in the 4x100m relay and the runner with the blades for legs (can't remember his name) wasn't able to run for his country. Shattered for him.

Oscar Pistorius

But he did run...

...the South African's protested, and were allowed to compete in the final. They then finished 8th. Link.

He also ran in the 400m individual sprint but was knocked out in the semi finals.

But yeah, he is another fantastically inspirational story.
Wow I didn't know that. Thanks C4

BratPack

Jay

Gotta be the 'Coles' ad of the girl running in the outback only to get freaked out by the zoomed-in face of Cathy Freeman ::)

But seriously...has to be Sally Pearson

henry

Yeah Sally Pearson for sure. Not often you get to see an Australian win a track gold medal (which are worth 20 swimming/rowing imo). David Rhodesia's 800m was pretty amazing too. I enjoyed Peter Donegan's commentary too.

Capper

Mine would have to be Bolt winning the 100M, 200M and 4x100M again!!!!

3 events, 6 golds

quinny88

Quote from: tabs on August 15, 2012, 12:18:46 AM
Mine would have to be Bolt winning the 100M, 200M and 4x100M again!!!!

3 events, 6 golds

Yeah love watching Bolt do his thing. I reckon he was a bit cheeky to by cruising through a few races and not winning in the lead up, just to put some doubt in peoples minds. But he saved his best till last. Hes a show stopper