Main Menu

Knights leaves Crows

Started by valkorum, September 25, 2012, 04:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valkorum

http://www.afc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/4417/newsid/148507/default.aspx

QuoteChris Knights will not be a Crow next season, today informing the Club he wants to explore free agency.

Tominator

saw it coming but I'm not too fussed about that, he was good in 2008 and 2009 but since then has failed to have an impact. Got the talent but just couldn't find a role at West Lakes.

Good luck wherever you go mate.

Jay

Only a matter of time. He has the skills, will be a valuable addition to a few clubs

Hagebear

Yeh thanks knighta. Quality footballer, and good luck to wherever he ends up in 2013. (most likely my Dreamteam) although good result for the crows. A compensation pick and a showerload more room in our salary cap.

the flying hawk

he never got a real oppotunity at the crows apparently richmond are interested

Ricochet

Quote from: Hagebear on September 25, 2012, 07:58:21 PM
Yeh thanks knighta. Quality footballer, and good luck to wherever he ends up in 2013. (most likely my Dreamteam) although good result for the crows. A compensation pick and a showerload more room in our salary cap.
would Adelaide have really been paying him big dollars?

Tominator

Brad Symes also gone now too. Told by the Crows he will not receive a new contract.

Hopefully they do the same to Richard Tambling   ::)

Hagebear

Quote from: Ricochet on September 27, 2012, 04:18:13 PM

Not sure exactly ric, but there have been rumours for ages that he was the Crows second highest paid player. I thought it was bullshower also but I keep hearing it everywhere.

tbagrocks

At the time the best players were Tippett, Vince, Douglas and Knights, so it was possible he was highly paid

McRooster

Quote from: Hagebear on September 27, 2012, 09:08:03 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on September 27, 2012, 04:18:13 PM

Not sure exactly ric, but there have been rumours for ages that he was the Crows second highest paid player. I thought it was bullshower also but I keep hearing it everywhere.
Not rumour, fact. He was overtaken for on field position by players with greater forward pressure. Chris Knights has talent, no question, but he couldn't lay a forward 50 tackle and didn't run enough the other way.

Tominator

Officially a Richmond player for Season 2013 and beyond. Good luck at Tigerland