Trigger Finger or NOT?

Started by boneman, August 10, 2012, 05:49:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boneman

Def: Goddard, Deledio, Shaw.H, Carrazzo, Scotland, Lake, Shaw.S (Bell, Townsend)
Mid: Ablett, Pendlebury, Selwood.J, Boyd, Priddis, Montagna (Gibson, Ledger)
Ruck: Naitanui, Roughead (Campbell, Stephenson )
For: Riewoldt.N, Beams, Dangerfield, Martin, Zorko, Sidebottom, Hall (Franklin, Couch)

4 Trades 188,100 (Finished 2nd in my league)

Options:

1. LAKE â€" WATERS
Can see a real upside in keeping Shaw…possibly as a D7. He still has $$$ to make and is producing consistent scores. Lake is about to lose a lot of $$$ and just isn’t producing the numbers. With the way the bulldogs are traveling he may suffer further.

2. FRANKLIN â€" PAVLICH
Do I bite the bullet on Franklin now after sitting on him for 4 weeks? It sounds silly but with the possibility of him coming back under done and needing to work his way back to fitness it could spell trouble for his scoring output. Pavlich has a great run home and hasn’t put a foot wrong. His price is the only concern.

enzedder

Do both. You have 4 trades and both of those are winners. Waters over Lake every day of the week and Pav is scoring well whilst Buddy is having his 5th week out and who knows how he'll play on return.

boneman

Quote from: enzedder on August 10, 2012, 05:57:33 PM
Do both. You have 4 trades and both of those are winners. Waters over Lake every day of the week and Pav is scoring well whilst Buddy is having his 5th week out and who knows how he'll play on return.

I've been tossing up and have a couple of concerns:

*I'll be down to 2 trades if I complete these. If I don't win this week with these trades then I am in strife with only two left.

*Pavlich due for a quiet game. Talk of triple teaming from Sanderson will he be a chance to not see the ball?

*Lake has been in horrible form but does Richmond pose a come back to form game for him. My original intentions at the start of the year was to keep him in the back 7. Does he need to go?

Samm79

What about Montagna to Jobe for a cheaky $75K? I would be reluctant to ditch Buddy, you have a second chance, if Buddy is back next week you'll kick yourself!

Don't mind you upgrading Lake though. Good luck!

boneman

Quote from: Samm79 on August 10, 2012, 06:30:01 PM
What about Montagna to Jobe for a cheaky $75K? I would be reluctant to ditch Buddy, you have a second chance, if Buddy is back next week you'll kick yourself!

Don't mind you upgrading Lake though. Good luck!

Montagna was always a plan to upgrade/sideways at some stage but hasn't really put a foot wrong so far. Playing Melbourne this week hopefully he sees a bit of it. Watson will square up with my opponent.

Buddy poses so many questions. How will he return after 5 weeks off. Even though they are playing GC his fitness won't be up to the level I would imagine. They may take the 'hodge' route with him and play him for a half or 3 quarters. The run home for him is Gold Coast (home) Sydney (away), West Coast (home), both teams have quality defenders who could lock him up and limit his scoring.

Pavlich on the other hand has Adelaide (away) Richmond (home) North Melbourne (away) Melbourne (home). Looking like he won't stop scoring anytime soon! Maybe this week poses a problem for him against Adelaide if they triple team him!

enzedder

I'd just bite the bullet and do it. They look good trades. Pav may be quiet after some big ones but Buddy is guaranteed to get a zero.

The Bomber

I am going to say no. How tough is this game really for you? If you have a chance without double trading I would take that chance. The 3 trades aren't going to be enough given the start to finals series we are having. Given this isn't sudden death for you this week, I don't think double trading is that much worth it. You could hold the Pav trade for one more week IMO and still be able to afford Franklin-->Pav...

boneman

Quote from: enzedder on August 10, 2012, 07:55:44 PM
I'd just bite the bullet and do it. They look good trades. Pav may be quiet after some big ones but Buddy is guaranteed to get a zero.

I can cover Buddy with Hall but with the chance he will get the vest its basically a donut. The way the subs have played of late is concerning. I have been burnt by Townsend, Treloar and Spurr in the past.

Mmmm  :-\

Is anyone taking into account the price they may be paying with Pav...he is at the top of his ceiling?

Pretty certain on doing Lake - Waters so for me the Franklin trade will come down to whether 2 or 3 trades going forward is sufficient?

boneman

Quote from: The Bomber on August 10, 2012, 08:12:59 PM
I am going to say no. How tough is this game really for you? If you have a chance without double trading I would take that chance. The 3 trades aren't going to be enough given the start to finals series we are having. Given this isn't sudden death for you this week, I don't think double trading is that much worth it. You could hold the Pav trade for one more week IMO and still be able to afford Franklin-->Pav...

Thanks for the feedback Bomber, I have thought about what to do all week  :-\

Opponent's uniques: (In BOLD)

Def: Birchall (Shaw.S)
Mid: Watson, Swallow, Murphy (Boyd, Priddis, Montagna)
Ruck: Cox, Mumford (Naitanui, Roughead/Stephenson)
For: Lewis, Christensen, DONUT (Beams, Riewoldt.N, Hall)

Despite the Donut I feel he will trade Greene out and use the cash to upgrade Smedts he has on the bench. He will be able to bring in Pavlich or Beams with the cash available. Zorko will be a bench player for him going forward if this is the case.

Footyrulz

boneman

Quote from: Footyrulz on August 10, 2012, 08:46:05 PM
just lake to waters

This one is locked in...now for a decision on Franklin???