ellis to birchall or lake/shaw to waters???

Started by bensl, August 06, 2012, 08:15:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

which backline trade

ellis -> birchall
lake -> waters
s.shaw -> waters

bensl

i held out trading ellis for waters last week thinking i would hold onto trade for one more week just in case.   but now since ellis bombed and waters fired i am 2k short of a straight swap. :( 

i am thinking of targeting s.shaw or lake for waters of should i go ellis to birchall?

my other backs are

goddard, delidio, carazzo, scotland, h.shaw, lake, s.shaw - ellis, darley

any thoughts??

thanks

bensl

added a poll to get some sort of response  :D

Spinking

Should probably put your team up so we can see what the rest of your team looks like.

I'd say Shaw to Waters will net you the most points per week, but if Shaw is currently on the bench, then it may not be as beneficial as the other trades.

bensl

thanks spinking.

my team atm...

Back - Goddard, hshaw, deledio, Lake, Carazzo, Scotland, Ellis, (S.Shaw, darley)
Mid - gaj, Pendles, sthomo, Jpk, jselwood, swan (couch, gibson)
Ruck - NicNat, mcevoy (BigO, Campbell)
Fwd - danger, sidebum, pav, Kennedy, Dusty, Chappy, zorko (Buddy, Hall)

Spinking

Definitely Shaw to Waters, then Ellis to the bench. Nice team btw.

fever

ellis for sure, shaw is great 'forget about it' cover.

woofy

Quote from: fever on August 06, 2012, 10:11:16 PM
ellis for sure, shaw is great 'forget about it' cover.

+1 if you got the funds darley to birchall/waters would be even better

bensl

not enough cash to trade darley for anyone decent.

2k off straight swapping ellis for waters.

could maybe do lake to waters this week before either rises/falls then s.shaw to birchall next week....

bensl

back to the front page for some more thoughts...

swanny out really hurts.  hopefully gibson is named and will score decently again.  and buddy, PLEASE play!

KoopKicka

I agree with Spink and say go Shaw to Waters.

Good luck!

The Bomber

I would say the same. But I have a gut feeling Shaw will outperform Lake in the final 4 rounds of the season. I have no logical stats or anything to back this up just a gut feeling...

bensl

Quote from: The Bomber on August 09, 2012, 01:04:17 PM
I would say the same. But I have a gut feeling Shaw will outperform Lake in the final 4 rounds of the season. I have no logical stats or anything to back this up just a gut feeling...

i have the same feeling.  not sure if i am brave enough to act on it though...

brownmans muffins

Quote from: bensl on August 09, 2012, 02:21:27 PM

i have the same feeling.  not sure if i am brave enough to act on it though...

Fair call - Lake is starting to spud it up on a chump team while Shaw is pulling out fine scores from minimal touches in a Top 4 side that needs to play hard.

boneman

Hearing you. Each week I dread what Lake will produce. He seems to be disinterested and the way the dogs are playing they are no challenge for anyone. About to drop in $$$ by a fair amount!

Shaw seems to be a lock in the Crows backline and is handy reader of the play...(maybe a mini Lake) takes marks behind the play and has done nothing wrong scoring wise. He still has $$$ to make.

I'm thinking of holding Shaw and trading Lake to Waters. If you have trades spare down the track in finals you still have thew opportunity to upgrade Shaw to your final spot.

JamSainter

Birchall could become a good buy but he is cheapish due to poor form so beware.