Who regrets setting their team up for the bye rounds???

Started by Dave085, August 08, 2012, 07:37:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you regret it?

Yes
10 (29.4%)
No
11 (32.4%)
Didnt make much difference
13 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 3

kilbluff1985

yeah i got the best players i could did not worry about 3 rounds

Fireballz

I lost a lot of my league games in bye rounds and lost a lot in overall rankings but had a great run in the 2nd half of the year and finished 1st or 2nd in 4 out of my 5 leagues.

Zombie2.5

Well i just got the best team I could, didn't really plan for the byes but did take notice, like if the best 7 defenders I wanted were all rd 13 byes, that became a factor for me. It wasn't a big factor in choosing my team, but yeah it was there.

Andrew

Good thread. I setup my team and trading stategy around the byes, and it ruined an otherwise solid year (even though I scored well and won 2/3 league games). I sold Hayes and Toby Greene due to "bye structure" and bought Darley & Sexton - after their first price rise - to fit in with "bye structure." If I'd just copped the bye doughnuts from Hayes & Greene, I would've saved on a lot of trading since then and maybe not paid $548k for Boyd (seemed ridiculously expensive just a month after, let alone now). Lesson learned, glad AFL is keeping the same MBRs but Virtual Sports set to change up their structure on us.

It has been difficult over the past few years to take the experience from the year before into the next year, as so much keeps changing year-to-year!

Ajax22

Quote from: Zombie2.5 on August 09, 2012, 01:33:15 AM
Well i just got the best team I could, didn't really plan for the byes but did take notice, like if the best 7 defenders I wanted were all rd 13 byes, that became a factor for me. It wasn't a big factor in choosing my team, but yeah it was there.

That's basically what I did. If I was choosing between 2 players and didn't think there would be much in them then the bye rounds were taken into consideration but otherwise I just took the best available at the time. I reckon what hurt me more we're non playing rookies like Hall and Clay Smith. Ended up doing a little worse than I hoped during the byes but kept above 2k points in all the other games for the year and finished in the top 2 in all my leagues with a decent overall.

fertalong

I finished top in my league with only 3 losses (2 were from MBRs), and planned my byes to spread players evenly, but that didn't really help me to be honest.

With all the injuries around bye time, I was left with lots of donuts, so I think no matter how much you try to plan ahead, you can still be hit hard because at that stage, you rely on your rookies to be named. If they aren't then you're screwed no matter what you did pre season.

Tominator

ME!!

I traded Brian Lake in for Tom Bugg when I could've afforded Suckling, Scotland or Heppell but I was worried about bye structure.......

mwaxo

The thing is, everyone is in the same boat, so really it demands some thought and strategy (and admittedly some luck).

I think a had a good bye strategy, so those rounds really helped me. Jumped from 10k to around 3-4k from memory.