Other ideas??? Please explain
0 (0%)
Hold all trades
4 (21.1%)
Just trade Gibson --> Fyfe
8 (42.1%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Dave085

Im debating with my self if i should do the following trades given the Swan situation. Current team is listed below.
I finished top 4 so im wondering if its worth it or not. Im going for league win and have 3 trades at the moment and $210,300 in the bank.
Please also take a few extra seconds to comment your thoughts... Cheers for help.

Team is as follows....

DEF: B Deledio, H Scotland, M Johnson , B Goddard, D Heppell, H Shaw, A Carrazzo, Bench - S Shaw, S Edwards
MID: D Swan, M Boyd, J Watson, G Ablett, J Selwood, S Pendlebury, Bench - S Gibson, A Miles

RUCK: I Maric, J Giles, Bench -  J Redden, O Stephenson
FWD: D Beams, S Sidebottom, J Lewis, D Martin, D Zorko, A Goodes, L Franklin Bench -  T Dickson,  T Couch

Option 1
Giles --> Cox and Gibson to S. Thompson. Leaves 1 trade and $3,700 in the bank. No DPP flexibility.

Option 2
Using DPP here.
Giles --> Cox (or any ruckman for that matter. Whos the best option???) and Gibson to Fyfe. Leaves 1 trade and minimum of $65,900 in the bank. Gives me DPP flexibility to swing Fyfe into the forwards and have probably Martin as the swinging backup man.

Option 3
Giles --> Cox, or any ruckman for that matter. Whos the best option??? 

Option 4
Any ideas??? Maybe Giles to someone else? Roughead??? Or trade Stephenson which gives me a total of only $425,500 (2k short of Roughead).

Option 5
Just dont trade and hope to win giving me the weekend off. I personally think its too risky. This is going to be a very close game.

Option 6
Just trade Gibson --> Fyfe

Ajax22

Would take option 2 over option 1. I think Fyfe could well outscore Thompson this week and then after that the DPP is gonna be very useful.

The issue is that trades are looking like they're gonna be vital and selection this week might yet throw another spanner in the works. The way Giles is travelling its almost worth keeping him over Cox. I haven't checked the reports or anything of the WCE game on the weekend but you would want to make sure that Cox is definitely over that little ankle injury concern he had before bringing him in.

Jacobs and McEvoy don't seem to come up against any decent ruckmen in the next four weeks and might be worth taking in case Cox gets given a rest, you won't have the trades to get rid of him again. Neither Jacobs or McEvoy are likely to cop any more rests (would take both over Roughead as well).

I voted option 2 but I'm starting to get swayed towards not trading a ruck this week, Giles should go well against Gold Coast but otherwise McEvoy should go fairly big against a Jamar-less Melbourne. As for the other trade, it might be time for Gibson to fall against a much tougher midfield than in recent weeks so bringing in Fyfe could make up a lot of points

Dave085

Im liking the way you think mate. Ive given you a cheer and also added an option 6 for Gibson to Fyfe. Maybe change the vote if it allows you to???

Colliwobblers

gibo to fyfe sounds good, cox playing fwd too much to risk i think? likely to score 140 next game but just as likely to score 60.

Spite

gibson to fyfe, to cover for swan and giving you dpp.

Keep giles this week, playing GC and in good form while cox is struggling.

Leaves you with enough money to trade sam shaw to a premium defender in the future (if needed), or giles to someone else.

Fireballz

I'm in a similar situation with the same amount of trades and I'm using Gibson to cover Swan. If you're top 4 in your main league then don't stress about this week and save your trades in my opinion. That's what I'll be doing anyway...

Adamant

Dave085

Thanks guys. Chapman is also not to far out of the picture. In fact, he is photobombing the hell out of it. What are his chances of a rest. Maybe i can pick him up instead of fyfe??? Might have to make a new poll to decide which one...

Ajax22

Quote from: Dave085 on August 08, 2012, 01:55:15 PM
Thanks guys. Chapman is also not to far out of the picture. In fact, he is photobombing the hell out of it. What are his chances of a rest. Maybe i can pick him up instead of fyfe??? Might have to make a new poll to decide which one...

Geelong aren't top 4 and going off last year they like to finish the year with a strong run into finals so I doubt he'll get rested if uninjured. He doesnt have a dodgy shoulder like Fyfe and is generally a reliable performer. Would probably back in Chappy in a 1v1 each week but its a bit of a coinflip with Fyfe's run home

Dave085

Thanks all, youve been given a cheer.

I didnt even think about Chappy (just assumed i wouldnt be able to afford him). Votes are pretty one sided.
Chappy is probably a better pick up i reckon, but its just the resting thing that makes me stress.

Fireballz

Honestly if you finished top 4 then I don't know why you're trading this week. What if you trade in Chappy and he gets a 4 week hammy injury? Then you've wasted a trade on a non-elimination game and have to use another one again next week.
Unless you've saved 6 for your finals then play Gibson mate.