What are you doing with Swan?

Started by its me lads, August 07, 2012, 07:06:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What will you be doing?

Trading
Holding

pommyadam

finishing in the bottom 8, i'm keeping him (copping the donut if i need to)

this week's a meaningless game anyway (playing 9th, we're of similar standard) and then 13-16 are poor in the league, so it should be a fairly easy win

means i'll welcome him back for the prelims and GF (after others have burnt their trades)

Slap

Quote from: Zombie2.5 on August 07, 2012, 08:48:31 PM
Quote from: Torpedo10 on August 07, 2012, 08:22:55 PM
If you have Gibson on the bench atm don't bother trading. It will barely lose you any points if any as Gibson is pumping 110s each week.
Gibson is great cover... He's been scoring 100's like Swanny anyways... If your opponent has Swan & Gibson too, then you wouldn't gain much points with say Thommo over Gibson... And Gibson scored more than Thommo last week anyways...

You realise swan has been pumping out 150's when Gibson has been cracking the ton.  I would compare them like I would chalk and cheese.

Ziplock

yeah, but who else has been pulling out those huge scores?

basically, only trade swan if you dont have ablett.

chaosAD

Quote from: KoopKicka on August 07, 2012, 09:45:04 PM
If youre contemplating trading him out I suppose the question you need to ask yourself are you going to cope with Swan possibly being in your opponents column in the PF/GF?
Won't matter if u don't make it

Colliwobblers

i would trade him only if i could afford to also trade him back in.... which i can't so i won't :)

Alka

I don't have Gibson. I don't think I can afford to drop the points, as I'm in an elimination final. I hate to do it, but I'll have to trade. No point holding with two "must win" games coming up.

Chelskiman

Have a midfield of Swan, Ablett, Pendles, Boyd, Mitchell and Watson with Gibson as cover.  Gibson can cover this week, that's no problem.  No idea what to do next week, but I'll come to that when I have to.  I only have two trades left, so I'd rather keep them for as long as possible.  I'm lucky in the fact that I play by far the easiest team in my league this week (I'm 5th and I'm obviously playing 8th).  Next week will be tricky as I play the winner of 1st v 4th, though funnily enough I beat 1st eariler in the year and lost to 4th.  I do expect to play 4th, and the only reason I lost was because it was round 13 and half my team was out.  Anyway, I'm kinda just thinking out loud now, lol.