Main Menu

Under 18s State Champs

Started by The F.A.R.K., July 04, 2012, 01:51:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noz

How about if Gold Coast trades pick 1 for Brendan Goddard and possible another premium Montanga? maybe in a 2 for 1 deal could be a great result for Gold Coast. Maybe a bit of unrealistic.

We really do need a top 5 pick, 2 in the top 10 would be even better.

tbagrocks

Quote from: Noz on July 07, 2012, 01:41:07 AM
How about if Gold Coast trades pick 1 for Brendan Goddard and possible another premium Montanga? maybe in a 2 for 1 deal could be a great result for Gold Coast. Maybe a bit of unrealistic.

thats a win/win for the AFL, what about Roo going home?

Noz

Quote from: tbagrocks on July 07, 2012, 01:43:38 AM

Don't see him moving to be honest.

Tominator

Quote from: Noz on July 07, 2012, 01:48:20 AM
Quote from: tbagrocks on July 07, 2012, 01:43:38 AM

Don't see him moving to be honest.

neither do I

I'd be more worried about Goddard going to GWS

meow meow

Quote from: tbagrocks on July 07, 2012, 01:29:13 AM
Quote from: Noz on July 07, 2012, 01:21:27 AM
So if i understand correctly the top list will go on current positions.

Gold Coast
Greater Western Sydney
Greater Western Sydney *Adelaide's compensation pick*
Melbourne
Melbourne *Compensation pick*
Port Adelaide
Western Bulldogs
Western Bulldogs *Compensation pick*
Westerd Sydney's compo pick from Adelaide was a end of round one pick (Davis)

it would be sad if Port don't get their "deserved" top 5 pick, looks like Melbourne will do well out of all the mess

GC & GWS need senior players badly, how many picks will they offer to get some players?

Wrong.

The Davis compo pick is to be taken immediately after ADELAIDE'S first round pick, even though they traded it away to another club (GWS). It's still linked to Adelaide's ladder position. It's not an end of 1st round pick.

bomberboy0618

Quote from: Tominator on July 07, 2012, 01:09:15 AM
Hrovat is an inside midfielder who goes to school with Jack Viney, and was given the honour of MVP for Vic Metro for the carnival. Good player who I like the look of a lot, but can't see him cracking the Top 15 of the draft
I think he is going to be an sc gun.

MTTY

Quote from: meow meow on July 07, 2012, 02:24:32 PM
Quote from: tbagrocks on July 07, 2012, 01:29:13 AM
Quote from: Noz on July 07, 2012, 01:21:27 AM
So if i understand correctly the top list will go on current positions.

Gold Coast
Greater Western Sydney
Greater Western Sydney *Adelaide's compensation pick*
Melbourne
Melbourne *Compensation pick*
Port Adelaide
Western Bulldogs
Western Bulldogs *Compensation pick*
Westerd Sydney's compo pick from Adelaide was a end of round one pick (Davis)

it would be sad if Port don't get their "deserved" top 5 pick, looks like Melbourne will do well out of all the mess

GC & GWS need senior players badly, how many picks will they offer to get some players?

Wrong.

The Davis compo pick is to be taken immediately after ADELAIDE'S first round pick, even though they traded it away to another club (GWS). It's still linked to Adelaide's ladder position. It's not an end of 1st round pick.

Spot on by meow meow.

The comp picks that have been nominated this year are.

Melbourne 2 picks (1 straight after their first round pick and the other after the bottom eight teams have had their picks)

Western Bulldogs (Straight after their first round pick)

GWS (Straight after Adelaides first round pick)

FisherSaints

This year there is a lot of good players to choose in top 10. Also there was O'Meara and  Couch

Noz

TAC cup future stars did a mock draft and there top 2 were Lachie Whitfield and Jonothon O’Rourke.

MTTY

Quote from: Noz on July 23, 2012, 09:53:19 PM
TAC cup future stars did a mock draft and there top 2 were Lachie Whitfield and Jonothon O’Rourke.

O'Rourke, is seriously underated for what he can do. He shuld be going that high, but others take the limelight from him. Hjis Championships would of put him far high up the order. Btw he is a replica of Deledio, with a bit less talent.

Noz

Quote from: MTTY on July 24, 2012, 10:42:39 PM
Quote from: Noz on July 23, 2012, 09:53:19 PM

O'Rourke, is seriously underated for what he can do. He shuld be going that high, but others take the limelight from him. Hjis Championships would of put him far high up the order. Btw he is a replica of Deledio, with a bit less talent.
From what i can recall i don't remember seeing Stringer's name on that list which shocks me, I believe if any one can take over the #1 handle is Stringer. Though Whitfield already has it in the bag.