Main Menu

Dayne Beams!!

Started by elephants, July 11, 2012, 10:40:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elephants

Yet to sign a new contract. Anyone here nervous? :P

T Dog

Only if the Cloke clan extorts more than he is worth and there is collateral damage... :o

Ringo

We will welcome him back home!! Ideal replacement for Simon Black to assist the 3 r's probably won't happen though.

roo boys!

Quote from: T Dog on July 11, 2012, 11:03:51 PM
Only if the Cloke clan extorts more than he is worth and there is collateral damage... :o
That's what I'm hoping for! If Cloke can get close to what he's asking for, there can't be much left for Beams, Reid, Tarrant and co, hence hopefully they'll have to let go of one of them, unless they all decide to take a big paycut to help the team.

Shaggy

Tarrant will play for minimum so will O'Brien. Leaves moe than enough for Beams and Reid.

Cruiseon

There is a lot of noise that Dayne Beams has signed up with the Pies.

I heard the tail end of his manager talking about it on SEN this morning (the main topic of course was Judd - they have the same manager) saying he had taken probably a $150k a year hit to other offers which were never seriously entertained. He had no intention of leaving.

So I can;t post a link to confirm but I'm certain it something will appear soon.

Just need Reidy and some other forward to lock in. Go Pies!

ossie85

$1.1m over 3 years would be a bargain. The Giants and Demons would pay twice that.

Capper

I think Beams will stay, but Reid im not so sure about

the flying hawk

Quote from: ossie85 on July 18, 2012, 03:54:15 PM

$1.1m over 3 years would be a bargain. The Giants and Demons would pay twice that.
hard to say but yeah the demons would like him they need an outside midfielder :)

Spinking

Much as I'd love him at my club, I hope he signs with the pies.  I understand why they chase the cash but losing players of that quality is one of the really sad parts of the last few years.  Geelong, Adelaide, the Doggies, the Dees, have all lost central players that they'd brought in as kids.  Don't like it personally.

Cruiseon

the flying hawk

Quote from: Spinking on July 18, 2012, 06:28:14 PM
Much as I'd love him at my club, I hope he signs with the pies.  I understand why they chase the cash but losing players of that quality is one of the really sad parts of the last few years.  Geelong, Adelaide, the Doggies, the Dees, have all lost central players that they'd brought in as kids.  Don't like it personally.
what team do yoy support? :)

Spinking

Quote from: the flying hawk on July 19, 2012, 04:12:32 PM
Saints mate. We've lost a few because of $ over the years. Broke my heart as a kid when Plugger said he was heading to Sydney.

the flying hawk

Quote from: Spinking on July 20, 2012, 02:13:20 AM
Quote from: the flying hawk on July 19, 2012, 04:12:32 PM
Saints mate. We've lost a few because of $ over the years. Broke my heart as a kid when Plugger said he was heading to Sydney.
saint are not a bad team at all mate I like the saints :)