Main Menu

APL GRAND FINAL!

Started by CrowsFan, May 15, 2013, 02:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrowsFan

Quote from: elephants on May 21, 2013, 12:08:42 PM
Would also like to thank you CF for trading me Kevin Nolan in January this year in exchange for Arteta. Much appreciated ;)
Yeah that trade did not work out for me at all! Was expecting Ba to be the number 1 choice at Chelsea, but he barely made an appearance with Torres preferred even tough he only scored 1 goal in the league in 2013 and that was in the final match ::)

Although looking at Ba's stats he only scored 2 goals in the league since moving to Chelsea. So Chelsea's 2 main strikers scored a grand total of 3 goals in 2013. That is pathetic!  :o

elephants

Who needs strikers when your midfield combines for 83 goals and 92 assists hahah!

elephants

Wow, winning the final from 3rd place. Has that ever been done before!?

My Chumps

Congrats LE! Knew as soon as I saw the Nolan hat-trick that I was done :(

Hilarious stuff by the way man. Classic picture and your thank yous :P
You did pretty well to win the whole comp considering your first pick in the draft was Fernando Torres :P

Cheers to CF for running the comp! Amazing fun and well run as usual!

I think I did pretty well to get this far considering my 3rd and 4th picks were transferred out of the league (Rafael Van Der Vaart) or transferred to a team where he didn't even god damn play (Scott Sinclair)!

CrowsFan

I'm still annoyed that I was the highest scoring team and didn't even make finals ::) >:(

My Chumps

Quote from: CrowsFan on May 21, 2013, 09:06:04 PM
I'm still annoyed that I was the highest scoring team and didn't even make finals ::) >:(
Tbh I was pretty glad you didn't :P

You're team is pretty amazing...

CrowsFan

Quote from: My Chumps on May 21, 2013, 10:12:49 PM
Quote from: CrowsFan on May 21, 2013, 09:06:04 PM
Tbh I was pretty glad you didn't :P

You're team is pretty amazing...
Just worked out the team I would have fielded if I had made the grand final scored 50! FML! ::)

FYI this is how I would have lined up...

Szczesny (6)
Ivanovic (2) - Vertonghen (8) - Johnson (6)
Puncheon (1) - Toure (5) - Arteta (1) - Michu (1)
Ba (5) - Lambert (C) (14) - Defoe (1)

Bench: Guzan (1), Hazard (DNP), Rafael (DNP), Nastasic (DNP)

Total = 50

My Chumps

Not bad!

I'm still p*ssed off that Rooney didn't play :P

elephants

Would you really have had Lambert captain CF? :P

CrowsFan

Against Stoke at home yes I would. I mean who else would I pick? Hazard injured, Toure solid but not captain material, Michu out of form, Arteta, Defoe, Ba, Puncheon not worth captaining. So yes I would have had put Lambert captain :)

elephants

BoredSaint

Im the luckiest player ever!

finished like near the bottom for points scored and made finals! :D