Help Needed....l am a computer illiterate moron!!!

Started by nostradamus, July 13, 2012, 04:19:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nostradamus

As you can probably see from the title l'm more than a bit frustrated. l'm trying to take a screenshot of my team but can't seem get it to work, l've followed the instructions on this post   http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,46783.15.html
.....but still no luck, all l manage to get is the logo at the top of the screen  :-[
lt's probably something very basic that l'm doing wrong, so if there's anyone out there that can help l'd really appreciate it

nostradamus

woohoo l worked it out.....with a bit of help from the net

What l had to do was press fn + prt sc
and follow the rest of the steps outlined on Jacka33's excellent thread

Fireballz

Capper

I use a program called "Faststone Capture" to take snap shots on my PC.

Glad we could help you

Grazz

Snipping tool works well also, then i download it to Photobucket then copy it to hear. ;D

Zombie2.5

Quote from: Grazz on July 16, 2012, 10:31:00 PM
Snipping tool works well also, then i download it to Photobucket then copy it to hear. ;D
Yeah I use snipping tool on windows.

Plus my computer just has a print screen button, no need for function button or anything :)

tbagrocks

I got no idea what you guys are talking about, guess that makes me a moron! or somebody who has spent so long partying he has no idea how to use a computer app :P

Capper

Quote from: Zombie2.5 on July 17, 2012, 12:41:05 AM
Quote from: Grazz on July 16, 2012, 10:31:00 PM
Yeah I use snipping tool on windows.

Plus my computer just has a print screen button, no need for function button or anything :)
snipping tool is only on windows 7 though isnt it??

Grazz

You may be right, i didnt have it before till i upgraded the lap top which runs Windows 7 obviously.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: nostradamus on July 13, 2012, 04:47:03 PM

that thread is great, i have to do the same thing have a HP laptop took me longer than i like to admit to find the  fn button, i knew the prt sc one had to be print screen but was looking for what acted like a shift key (fn) for awhile :)

Capper

http://www.faststone.org/FSCapturerDownload.htm

You can download "Faststone Capture" from here.

I love it, easy to use if you don't have the snipping tool.

Good for avatars!!

Windigo

My computer has it own button for capturing screen shots.  8)

nostradamus

Quote from: Colliwobblers on July 18, 2012, 01:04:16 AM
Quote from: nostradamus on July 13, 2012, 04:47:03 PM

that thread is great, i have to do the same thing have a HP laptop took me longer than i like to admit to find the  fn button, i knew the prt sc one had to be print screen but was looking for what acted like a shift key (fn) for awhile :)

yeah mines a HP laptop as well and thats the same problem l had........the effing elusive "fn" button