Marcos Ambrose - NASCAR

Started by Dave085, June 19, 2012, 02:09:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave085

Good to see Ambrose getting back amongst it. Looking forwards to (HOPEFULLY!) another pole this week at Sonoma.

Anyone else following him and or the NASCAR schedule this year? I was really hoping that Ambrose could push for the shootout this year on points rather than relying on a wildcard, which i think he should manage...

LF

We have been following Ambrose since he was a V8 driver and continue to now.
Don`t often watch NASCAR(find it a bit boring) but follow all  the news stories etc about Ambrose.
Won`t be long and he`ll be back in Australia.

Dave085

You reckon? Whys that???

I think he will try and stay as long as he can to try and get an oval win under his belt.

LF

I`ll have to try to find it again but he has said it himself.

Dave085

Interesting. Did he mention what he was going to do?
Retire from racing or come back to the V8's if he can get a seat secured?

Either way he will still be in the motor sport scene, either as a driver or owner...

LF

So he won at Watkins Glen for the 2nd year in a row on the final lap

BratPack

As much as I like Marcos he should never have won, NASCAR should've thrown the yellow flag

valkorum

Quote from: BratPack on August 15, 2012, 02:36:32 PM
As much as I like Marcos he should never have won, NASCAR should've thrown the yellow flag

Depends - if its a green-white finish then the yellow flag cant be deployed in the last lap. 

If there is 2 laps to go then this rule gets applied.  They stay under caution and regardless of the number of laps completed under yellow the race has 2 laps to go.  When the track is clear and the green flag is shown they race for 2 laps.  If there is an incident which requires the yellow on lap 1 of 2 remaining then the race gets reset back to 2 laps to go.  They allow this 3 times and if there is a yellow each time then they will finish the race under caution.

If there is an incident on the last lap then the yellow flag will not be shown - its first man over the line wins.

BratPack

It was the last lap and there was oil on the track. 3 guys went off. It should have been yellow flagged

valkorum

Quote from: BratPack on August 15, 2012, 05:25:21 PM
It was the last lap and there was oil on the track. 3 guys went off. It should have been yellow flagged

If its a green-white-checker situation then no it will never be yellow flagged.

tbagrocks

Marcaos could win on an oval track, and Port could win the flag next year!