Main Menu

2012 Off season

Started by Sliam, September 26, 2012, 06:04:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

j959

Quote from: j959 on September 26, 2012, 11:21:37 AM
whoa! settle down mails!!!
"one game at a time mate"!!!! 

there's still a GF the Swannys have to play yet mate, even if you are in Germany!
surely you'll be able to find a pub full of expat Aussies there somewhere to get into the game?!?!?   :o    ;)
ok, where've you gone mails??

bumping this back up for you ...  ;)

Mailman the 2nd

Quote from: j959 on October 18, 2012, 03:45:41 PM

there's still a GF the Swannys have to play yet mate, even if you are in Germany!
surely you'll be able to find a pub full of expat Aussies there somewhere to get into the game?!?!?   :o    ;)

I didn't see the game live but I heard it live while skyping my dad but saw the replay after I got back.

Little disappointed that we look to only go after Tippett when players like Moloney, Goddard, Rivers, Hmac and Young were all looking to move but I guess it's good we got rid of White (I hope lol)

j959

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on October 18, 2012, 05:20:47 PM
Quote from: j959 on October 18, 2012, 03:45:41 PM

I didn't see the game live but I heard it live while skyping my dad but saw the replay after I got back.

Little disappointed that we look to only go after Tippett when players like Moloney, Goddard, Rivers, Hmac and Young were all looking to move but I guess it's good we got rid of White (I hope lol)
Not sure what happened with Moloney but I think the fact Sydney didn't enquire with him indicates Jude is likely to play on - has this been confirmed?? i haven't been keeping up of late ...   ;)

no way Goddard was going to come to Sydney, western or otherwise.   ;)
he would've more likely gone to Freo!  :o   ;)

HMac - don't think that's what they're looking for with Mummy and Pyke and then Seaby on the way out ... i s'pose as a fwd who can ruck it might've worked especially alongside Reid ...

with the other AFL teams already b*tching about the Tippett deal can you imagine if one of Rivers, Moloney, Young or Hmac had been recruited they would still have been complaining ... :P    ;)

i think they go back to basics and develop the youngsters - i haven't even seen Jed Lamb yet ... and Rohan is hopefully ready to go for pre-season ...  :-X    ;)

Mailman the 2nd

Yeah I wonder whether Lamb is coming along as they wanted.

Hasn't been injured and I haven't heard about him for a while.

He was a 1st round draft pick though so I'm confident they're progressing well

Mailman the 2nd

With the draft looming I'm sure Sydney will try to fill some KPP and a couple of midfielders

More importantly, the preseason/rookie draft is coming up and with 10 extra players lost with only 3 or 4 covered in the draft I expect Sydney to draft in at least 2 or so "recycled" players as we are so well known for.

Here is the current list:
http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/150582/default.aspx

I know we were very interested in Sherman at the end of 2010 (we would of given our 1st pick) but after the trouble he got into I don't know how interested he is. Although, he is 25 and I doubt we need to pay him much.

I'm guessing Gordon will be re-rookied

If Tippett is in the draft and somehow falls to us we'll get him I guess

Who else? Don't like prospect of Gram or Clarke

Matthew Bate might find some value in the forward line or maybe Josh Toy or Hayden Jolly?

Brad Symes could be ok as could Thornton.

There are a couple of quality players I think I could see in red and white (namely Bate, Symes, Toy and Jolly) and I reckon we could give Sherman a shot.

Ideas?

Capper

Would love to see Matty Bate in the red and white along with Gordon returning.

I dont think we will go with Sherman, to many issues.