Grimes> Carrazzo, Jmac>Ablett 158k in bank
Ellis>Carrazzo, Jmac>Ablett  32k in bank
Other Defender - Enright, Suckling, Shaw, Scotland, Heppell, Fisher
Other Midfielder - JPK, A.Swallow, Mitchell, Thompson, Judd
Other Options - Post below

spenc13

Current Team
Thanks In Advance for your help and opinions

Deledio(d/m), Goddard(d/m), Broughton, Grimes, Lake, Malcheski, Mohr, Ellis, Darley

Pendlebury, Watson, Jelwood, Boyd, Dal Santo, JMac, Horsely, A. Kennedy (m/f)

Naitanui, Giles, Redden, Stephenson

Franklin, Chapman(m/f), Dangerfield(m/f), Zaharakis(m/f), M.Robinson(m/f), J.Lewis(m/f), D.Martin(m/f), D.Zorko(m/f), Crozier (m/f)

I have 9 trades left, and 520,100 in the bank.

Ringo

Wait for teams to be announced but you may be looking at a donut in forawrd line with Franklin, Zaha and now Crozier possibly out. If Crozier has confirmed Glandular fever maybe trade him to give coverage. You are in a good position trade wise.

Marcos83

Get in ablett for jmac once ablett bottoms out and then look at getting rid of mohr\ellis for a very low priced fisher. Leave grimes for the time being.

If you cant wait then jump on a defender first for ellis\mohr.

Colliwobblers

option 2 but agree newman or fisher are great bargain picks, still with trades you have you don't need to go hunting bargains.

and yeah wait for teams impossible to know what is best until you know who isn't playing :)

penskifile

Option 2. You have plenty of trades and cash. Time to cash in, no need to wait for bargains.

Ringo

had a look at some options for you if you want to avoid forward donut.

Crozier to Patton uses $45k of cash Leaves forward bench of Zorko and Patton (If not happy with Patton you could look at Murdoch from Geelong if named with no cash outlay)
Then your choice of Horsely/Mac to Ablett. Ablett has a b/e of 121 playing at home against his old club expect that to be achieved so now is time to grab him. Leaves Mid Bench of Kennedy and Horsely/Mac. Uses Kennedy DPP to swing Zorko to mids if required

Leaves 7 trades

Week after look at upgrading defence. Ellis/Mohr and with 7 trades you do not need to take average backs.

As I said earlier wait for team announcements though

ScottieD

Although Ablett's breakeven is easily achievable this week, the following week it will skyrocket with his 188 dropping off.  So in summary his price won't change much this week, but will drop considerably the following week (unless he scores 188 again).  I'd suggest waiting 2 weeks for the JMAC/Horsely upgrade to Yablett - in which time either of those 2 might increase in price a little (more so Horsely).

I'd upgrade Ellis to Fisher / Newman this week (rather than Carrots) personally.  Carrazzo hasn't got a great history in SC scoring because he's not a quality user of the ball (plus he gets a negating roll).

I'd then aim to get in H. Shaw for Mohr/Darley just prior to Round 17 when his recent 66 has filtered through his rolling average 3 times and is about to drop off.  You may need to make a downgrade elsewhere for the cash - prob JMac or Horsely - whichever player you didn't already trade out for Yablett.

So that's 4 trades (with a generous 5 trades left for LTIs and finals) to get your team looking like this:

Deledio(d/m), Goddard(d/m), Broughton, Grimes, Lake, Fisher, H. Shaw (d/m) (Malcheski, Darley)

Pendlebury, Watson, Jelwood, Boyd, Dal Santo, Ablett, Rookie, A. Kennedy (m/f)

Naitanui, Giles, Redden, Stephenson

Franklin, Chapman(m/f), Dangerfield(m/f), Zaharakis(m/f), M.Robinson(m/f), J.Lewis(m/f), D.Martin(m/f), D.Zorko(m/f), Crozier (m/f)

I'd be very happy with that if I were you.  Could even use luxury trades on Crozier this week to avoid a zero and upgrading Giles sometime.