Geelong chances at the flag

Started by youl_R_FCK, July 02, 2012, 10:10:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

youl_R_FCK

Do people think Geelong really can't come back and win the flag. Shorley a good chance, lost to swans over there by what should of been a kick. Same with collingwood and beat hawks. That's 3of the 4 favs. Saying this il b looking at TV after he plays his first game as a Cheap foward, they have missed him

quinny88

Gonna be tough for them to win the flag but if anyone can do it from outside the top 4 its geelong.

And I wouldnt be looking at Varcoe, hes never been a good SC scorer

youl_R_FCK

I think there a great out side chance at $15. Yeah after the grand final last year I said in starting this lad but will watch his first 2 games first. I'd say 1. Pies 2. Hawks 3.swans/west coast Geelong tied. I think in 4 weeks time essendon and crows might drop off hope they dont good to see new teams. Guess they have an easy draw

fever

as a cats fan i think probably not, but i sure as f wouldn't wanna play us r1 of finals in an elimination.

fever

and surely you didn't type shorley

GoLions

I can't see anyone apart from the Hawks, Eagles, and Collingwood making the grand final, but who knows.

dswallow24

Collingwood to win the grand final. Hawthorn, West Coast & Sneaky Sydney top 4

juddy5x3

Pies now. They are winning but not as convincing wins as last year. Don't put teams to the sword like last 2 years. Hawks and Eagles will be thereabouts for flag.

jamez_1983

Danstar

If they are struggling now, they will only get worse with players getting tired/injured

roo boys!

To be perfectly honest, I don't think Geelong will make the 8! Have you seen their draw? After Gold Coast this week they have the top 6 teams in their last 8 games, with Saints and Dogs being the other two. There is a fair chance that they will win only 0-2 of those six games, and assuming they beat the Dogs and Saints (who aren't easy beats) then that would give them 10-12 wins, and with teams like Richmond, North, Saints, Freo and maybe Carlton snapping at their heels they are going to have to cause a few upsets in those 6 games to make the 8. If they do make it though, they will be very deserving and I doubt any team would want to play them in finals knowing what they are capable of.

tor01doc

cortez

Sorry too boys but I must disagree. Geelong know better than most how to peak at the back end of the season. Just look at last year. Imo they will win 4 out of 6 of those games and finish with 14 wins. This should give them a spot in 6th. We all know how good they are yet everyone seems to continue to write them off. They ate not just a normal team, they ate something special!