Shiel > Swan, DONE! Do I stop there?

Started by Jay, June 27, 2012, 12:24:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Bomber

Quote from: Jayman on June 27, 2012, 06:05:35 PM
Quote from: The Bomber on June 27, 2012, 01:30:17 PM
I would seriously consider Mumford. Mainly because he is really cheap, has had game time coming back from injury and you need the extra dough elsewhere (BAC and MID).

If you really don't want him, get Big Ben (McEvoy) as a secondary target. Underpriced, but not as much as Mummy. I would also try to upgrade Shiel this week as well if you can. Getting Scotty T if you have the $$$.

How much money to spend after your ruck trade???
well here are my options...

redden > ryder (66k left)
redden > mumford & shiel > stanton
redden > griffin & shiel > scottyT/Rockliff

Liking option 3
Redden>Griffin & Shiel>Scotty T

The chance of him being rested decreases with every loss :)

Jay

Quote from: The Bomber on June 27, 2012, 06:26:14 PM
Quote from: Jayman on June 27, 2012, 06:05:35 PM
Quote from: The Bomber on June 27, 2012, 01:30:17 PM
I would seriously consider Mumford. Mainly because he is really cheap, has had game time coming back from injury and you need the extra dough elsewhere (BAC and MID).

If you really don't want him, get Big Ben (McEvoy) as a secondary target. Underpriced, but not as much as Mummy. I would also try to upgrade Shiel this week as well if you can. Getting Scotty T if you have the $$$.

How much money to spend after your ruck trade???
well here are my options...

redden > ryder (66k left)
redden > mumford & shiel > stanton
redden > griffin & shiel > scottyT/Rockliff

Liking option 3
Redden>Griffin & Shiel>Scotty T

The chance of him being rested decreases with every loss :)
ok mate, so is that what you would do if you had my team? Only concern is now have 4 trades and backs still not finished  :-\ Also, are you sold on Griffin? What will his scoring in SC finals be like with a Sandi return on the cards...

The Bomber

The chance of one Campbell/Redden/Orren getting a game is much less than one of Shaw/Ellis/Darley. Covering a donut is more important than a score.

The rucks this year aren't as important as other years. There are no outstanding rucks, like Sandi and Cox were a year ago. I remember one year I didn't get Cox till late in the year. Cost me 3 matches because he scored 140+ 3 games in a row. Doesn't look like any ruck is going to do that this year, so I reckon it is one place you don't have to spend top $$$ on.

Secondly I'm not sold on Griffin, but if I was in your circumstances then he looks the best option. There is no certainty that Sandi will play again this year. He has a hard time recovering from them, so even when he is back, Griffin will still get a a gig IMO. I haven't looked too much into him, but seems to perform well without Sandi in the team. Just hope he can keep that up...

Out of the options you have given, that looks the best but:

Option 1: + Shiel --> Simon Black or L. Montagna. Blacky has the higher ceiling, whereas Montagna has the consistency

Option 2: but instead of Stanton, trade in Bartel. Scored under 90 once this season...Decent POD if he can maintain form. The Cats also finish seasons well. I would rate this decision even higher...

Jay

Quote from: The Bomber on June 27, 2012, 08:08:28 PM
The chance of one Campbell/Redden/Orren getting a game is much less than one of Shaw/Ellis/Darley. Covering a donut is more important than a score.

The rucks this year aren't as important as other years. There are no outstanding rucks, like Sandi and Cox were a year ago. I remember one year I didn't get Cox till late in the year. Cost me 3 matches because he scored 140+ 3 games in a row. Doesn't look like any ruck is going to do that this year, so I reckon it is one place you don't have to spend top $$$ on.

Secondly I'm not sold on Griffin, but if I was in your circumstances then he looks the best option. There is no certainty that Sandi will play again this year. He has a hard time recovering from them, so even when he is back, Griffin will still get a a gig IMO. I haven't looked too much into him, but seems to perform well without Sandi in the team. Just hope he can keep that up...

Out of the options you have given, that looks the best but:

Option 1: + Shiel --> Simon Black or L. Montagna. Blacky has the higher ceiling, whereas Montagna has the consistency

Option 2: but instead of Stanton, trade in Bartel. Scored under 90 once this season...Decent POD if he can maintain form. The Cats also finish seasons well. I would rate this decision even higher...

thanx for your help Bomber,.i appreciate it!

im still concerned with how Griff will perform in SC finals...id prefer mummy over him but then its Bartel as my M6 instead of ScottyT. then there's the other option you suggested, get Ryder and then Montags/Black as M6.....way too.difficult for me to sort out alone! Thoughts guys? :)