Too many keepers?

Started by Jake8, June 26, 2012, 07:56:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is having Giles, Lake and Zorko on the field risky?

Yes
6 (18.2%)
No
27 (81.8%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Jake8

Well I am concerned that having Zorko, Giles and Lake starting is a bit of a risk. I know they can average 80 to 90 but is that enough?

HotTiges

I think with the amount of injuries and trades used on injuries you could use them as keepers.. I think i'll have to at least keep Lake and Zorko.. Giles could be a luxury trade in a week or two..

Jake8

Come finals I will upgrade Giles but hopefully Zorko can keep up this form.

tor01doc

Beggars can't be choosers.  :(

2012 - Year of Decimation.

jmoynihan9

this year this is fine, unless stacked up with trades they are keepers, but as said up there^ giles could be a luxury trade just before finals

yorgis

if they are playing and scoring reasonably well hang on to 'em

nathan11

Yeah hold them til you have no choice I think as the way the season has been as soon as you trade them out someone else in that line will have a LTI look to upgrade them at start of finals for a boost but unless you ate outside top 8 they should stay for now

brownmans muffins

Zorko is a gun - definite keeper especially as a FWD. Surely not many are averaging more than him lately (minus sub game)
Lake - DEFs  are a bit all over the place and he is reliable enough to put up solid scores; are you really going to gain much by using a trade and a fair bit of $$ by upgrading him?

Giles - this is the iffy one. He may be hitting the wall...the way Rucks have been going you'd be brave to burn him now - at least he's playing, which seem to be the big ???? on Rucks this year. I'm going to wait closer to finals and hopefully trade him for a prem at a bargain price by then.

PICCOLLO

Zorko- no probs. only worry is burn out but hes mature age.
Giles- terrific ruck but Brogan stealing ruck time is a major concern. Probably the worst of the three.
Lake- for a defender, hes a gun. Starting to get some serious numbers up too.

Wouldnt have an issue playing all three but if you have cash and trades, consider keeping them as benchies or upgrade to prems (maric, ryder) (scotland, shaw) (danger, beams, sidey)

Danstar

I dont have Lake, I have Hargrave and I will probably have to keep all 3 at the moment. Although if Hargraves doesnt play this week, he will get the flick