help me fix/complete my team

Started by fizz, June 25, 2012, 02:38:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fizz

My team so far

backs: deledio, godd, johnson, suckling, lake, dempsey, r shaw (s shaw, brennan)
mids: ablett, del santo, thompson, priddis, pendles, j selwood (mcdonald, williams)
rucks: nic nat, ryder (redden, staley)
forwards: sidebottom, dangerfield, chapman, riewoldt, hale, martin, zorko (porps, smedts)

6 trades, 423,300 in the bank and ranked 1,555

mostly going for league but also want to see how high i can finish overall (best year so far)

the plan was to trade mcdonald for buddy moving zorko on to the midfield bench givining me a m/f in the midfield was also going to trade lake/suckling/dempsey/r shaw for carrots/waters (looking to do both trades NEXT week)

now the problems are; is zorko to good to be riding the bench? is s shaw/brennen good enough bench cover for the backline? is porps to much cash to have on the bench? is 4 trades enough for LTIs? for the restof the seson?

please any advice would be awsome

juddy5x3

Given you have got $423k in the bank I would:

1. Keep porps until you need the cash (good cover option and still a bit to go)
2. trade Hale out for Buddy
3. keep zorko on field and have Martin as cover
4. R.shaw to Waters this week
5. dempsey to carrots after this week (or R.shaw)

Leave you with 3 trades and Martin as cover - mids/fwds, porps as cover - fwds and S.Shaw (who i think crows will want to keep getting game time into him) as cover. In ideal world you'd have shaw or Dempsey as cover!!

hope it helps...team looking good...

ubeaut

First of all I would keep Lake and Suckling. And with only 6 trades every 1 has to be carefully planned and solid as u can. Zorko is an interesting 1. While it wuld be great to have him as M6/F7 cover he is showing that he is more than good enough to BE F7. It's a tough 1 cos Buddy is a must as well. And I suppose u have Hale as ruck cover DPP with Stanley? I would consider trading Hale as Stanley will be back as cover and Bailey will be back for the Hawks so Hales scores may drop further. That way u keep Zorko on field and get Buddy.

On the flip side moving Zorko to mid bench gives u great mid/fwd cover with a DPP link. Personally I'd rather Zorko on field. Maybe u can go MacDonald to Clifton for DPP and cash if he ever gets a game. 4 trades is prob not enough but what can u do? It might be just depends on injuries.

Porps is too much to have on the bench BUT he is great cover until u need cash.

HappyDEZ

Hale to Buddy. Then look to downgrade Porps & J mac to top up the bank a/c. No rush tho, wait for decent downgrades if they & when they arrive. Gibson is one that should be a good downgrade for Jmac if he is named this week. Leaves 3 trades & hopefully enough $ so they can all be used for mid range players to premium upgrades.

penskifile

Quote from: juddy5x3 on June 25, 2012, 03:12:47 PM
Given you have got $423k in the bank I would:

1. Keep porps until you need the cash (good cover option and still a bit to go)
2. trade Hale out for Buddy
3. keep zorko on field and have Martin as cover
4. R.shaw to Waters this week
5. dempsey to carrots after this week (or R.shaw)

Leave you with 3 trades and Martin as cover - mids/fwds, porps as cover - fwds and S.Shaw (who i think crows will want to keep getting game time into him) as cover. In ideal world you'd have shaw or Dempsey as cover!!

+1

hope it helps...team looking good...