Girl Power?

Started by Mr.Craig, June 25, 2012, 04:03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Craig

I noticed that out of the top 50 scores this week 23 of the coaches had a female name. I suspect that a number of these teams are being used as a sneaky second side by certain husbands/boyfriends but I'm sure at least some of them are legit.

Are the ladies being underestimated? Have you had any experiences with great female coaches?

LF

Possibly but as you know i play DT my sister-in-law plays as well and there are some other legit female coaches in my leagues.
Don`t underestimate us females i probably spend more time on my team than some of the guys I know.

Capper

i think some are 2nd teams as my boss entered his wife's team in the other week

Mr.Craig

Quote from: luvfooty on June 25, 2012, 04:06:37 PM
Possibly but as you know i play DT my sister-in-law plays as well and there are some other legit female coaches in my leagues.
Don`t underestimate us females i probably spend more time on my team than some of the guys I know.

The women I've played against previously have had okay sides but they tend to go a bit more mid priced and miss out on some of the better rookies. The two ladies in my friends/workmates league are ranked 121k and 135k but with a few better choices here and there they would have improved that quite a bit.

glenferriecrusader

Quote from: luvfooty on June 25, 2012, 04:06:37 PM

Hahaha...too true...I am constantly ridiculed by mates in the office about my (in their words) "40,000 hrs of research" I do for S/C from national draft stage through preseason & nab...between all the spreadsheets, websites, forums, etc etc etc I think their joke of 40,000 hrs is becoming worryingly true  :o

Justin Bieber

But yeah in all honestly, maybe one of that 50 were legit.

fidou

You may be right with a few of those because I was considering the same myself but ran out of time to create a new team. I am sure that there are many capable female coaches out there who are just as diehard DT fans as their male counterparts. This thread just reminds me of a chess article I read sometime back that said that the 50th ranked female chess player in the world would have trouble beating a Russian taxi driver. Im not sure but they may have been suggesting that the gender sides of the brain point to more analytical attributes to the male side. Would this suggest females don't cut the mustard in DT. I think not as DT just needs someone who is a footy nut which is irrespective of gender. Male or female would not be able to predict the carnage of injuries we have had this year and a lot of luck would be in the end result. I would say obviously though that a high % of DT players are male and the top 50 with female names are cheats!!!!