Defensive woes!

Started by poolboybob, June 24, 2012, 08:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poolboybob

My defense:

Goddard (fine)
Deledio (fine)
Lake (fine)
Clarke (one of the worst on ground against West Coast - production down the last few weeks)
Malceski (only got into one of the Swans' last 3 games, and that was as the green vest)
Bugg (lousy against Melbourne)
Sam Shaw (one of the worst on ground against NMFC)
Ellis (fairly steady 50 point performer, but that's it)
Smedts (doesn't play much)

What to do? Have 7 trades. I have Old McDonald, Pfeiffer/Dickson and Redden/Stephenson as downgrade candidates to grab some cash. Can't imagine going into finals with only 3 reliable scoring defenders!

P.S. - yes I know my defense isn't good; I am kind of new to supercoach (fantasy footy in general) and just learned how the break even thing works like halfway through the year.

HotTiges

how much cash left?? can you afford a double trade as in Malceski and Clarke out??

Duck

If you are broke...
Get Suckling this week and downgrade JMac/5Fa to Rookie (Gibson maybe).
Get Carrazzo the next week.
Get Scotland/Other Premiums and downgrade Dickson/5Fa/Jmac to Rookie (Couch or Clifton maybe).

There are other rookie choices but just trying to look into the future.

IF you do have good amount of cash in the bank... Do only 1 downgrade and 3 upgrades instead.

poolboybob

Quote from: HotTiges on June 24, 2012, 08:59:16 PM
how much cash left?? can you afford a double trade as in Malceski and Clarke out??

definitely not. cash on hand is $83k. so i could trade Malceski or Clarke for someone like Heppell or Suckling.

Maybe Malceski -> Suckling (can do this one without a downgrade) and then JMac -> Gibson, then the next week use the extra cash on hand to go Clarke -> Scotland? Would still have extra cash after that with the prospect of bumping up from Giles to an elite ruck. Only leaves 3 trades but I'd have a very good side after that, with the exception of having to play Ellis or Shaw at D7.

HotTiges

hmm ok, yes a Malceski > Suckers would go alright.. Bit iffy on Gibbo.. think he is better then Cunnington personally.. 3 trades?? wow wee but if ya side's complete should be ok.. Shaw/darley and ellis as D7 is a tough one.. Shaw had a shocker..

poolboybob

Quote from: HotTiges on June 24, 2012, 11:24:11 PM
hmm ok, yes a Malceski > Suckers would go alright.. Bit iffy on Gibbo.. think he is better then Cunnington personally.. 3 trades?? wow wee but if ya side's complete should be ok.. Shaw/darley and ellis as D7 is a tough one.. Shaw had a shocker..

yeah i was feeling okay and then this week was a disaster - Clarke terrible, Shaw terrible, Malceski dropped again, Bugg lousy, Smedts out as usual. too many question marks.

rest of my side:

mid: Ablett, J Selwood, Dal Santo, Priddis, Stanton, JP Kennedy
ruck: Giles, Goldstein
fwd: Buddy, Sidebottom, Danger mouse, Pavlich, M Robinson, D Martin, B Harvey (or ZORKO in for Harvey/Martin)

I'm in a decent league but not super competitive, so the FWD/MID is more than fine. Upgrading Giles would be nice, and is doable with a downgrade. But I need to upgrade at least two defense because right now the only reliable scorers are Deledio, Goddard and (gulp) Lake. If I can add two of Suckling/Carrazzo/Scotland then I guess can live with Bugg and Ellis/Shaw as my D6/D7.

I can probably do (upgrades):

Clarke -> Suckling
Malceski -> Scotland

then either:
Giles -> Premium ruck (Maric/Naitinui?)

or

Bugg -> Carrazzo

The Bomber

Quote from: poolboybob on June 25, 2012, 12:07:59 AM

I can probably do (upgrades):

Clarke -> Suckling
Malceski -> Scotland

then either:
Giles -> Premium ruck (Maric/Naitinui?)

or

Bugg -> Carrazzo

More points out of Bugg-->Carrazzo IMO. Avg of say 70 for Bugg to Carrazzo who should avg say 100 (min)ppg. Given you extra 30 points each week.
Giles say avg 80 to Maric or Nic Nat who will avg 95-100

Cheap back upgrade targets to look out for:
(Estimated Bottomed out prices)

Fisher ($420k)
Suckling (Whatever he is atm)
Heppell ("-------")
Carrazzo ($430k)

Few more weeks:
H. Shaw
M. Johnson