New Team - Thoughts?

Started by Pommy, February 10, 2010, 03:13:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pommy

Took some of your comments on board and came up with this:

Def: Enright, H Shaw, Hurn, Fisher, Waite, Kennelly, Schoenmakers (Maguire, Silvagni)

Mids: Ablett, Swan, Selwood, Cooney, Trengrove, Martin (Shuey, Bastinac)

Rucks: Mumford, Charman (Warnock, Lobbe)

Fwds: Riewoltd, ROK, Pav, Sylvia, Dangerfield, Watts (Davis, Dennis-lane)

16k left.

kazam

Hi,
Solid backline. Schoenmakers and Maguire could maybe be swapped around depending on how they're playing. I had Maguire on field and Phil Davis on bench as emergency, just depending on whether Davis will get a game or not. Midfield good.. Forward line ok, Consider trading Sylvia for Jason Porplyzia, just watch nab cup though. And definitely keep and eye on Watts... Rucks are a problem for mine, the main area you should work on. But if you havent got much cash there's nothing you can do about it... Mumford will be playing though because they don't paying him 250 or 300k a year to play in the reserves team... and charman if he can recapture his pre-knee or ankle injury form (whatever it was) he should be ok..

As much as i rate dane swan, i was just thinking you could save a bit of cash by trading swan for some in the early 500k... or even Andrew Walker, but u would have to be happy to let swan go, if u traded swan for walker you would have about 350k to upgrade watts to someone around 500k..buddy, fev, brown?

Lenny09

good squad.

is that silvagi from freo and how sure r u that he will play?

Big_Cox14

Hi Pommy,
This looks like a pretty solid squad all round. I've heard that Waite may start playing either round 1 or 2, so I would keep an eye on that. Otherwise, backline looks quite strong. Midfield looks pretty strong as well.
The rucks I think are your main weakness as both Charman and Mumford may not necessarily be the 1st choice ruckman at their respective clubs. If possible I would try to upgrade your rucks. Your forwards look alright. I would watch the NAB cup and this will provide a better indication as to who may play in round 1.

Super_Critic

Pommy, mate your a pom right. geez stick to soccer buddy

Pommy

Id say stick to cricket but we beat you in that as well :)

Super_Critic

i'm american dont follow cricket sorry. your rubbish and so are pommys pirates! :P