Another top 1500 finish?

Started by Watto, February 09, 2010, 01:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Watto

Can this team take me to another top 1500 (or better) finish?

Goddard, Newman, Gram, Hodge, Gilbee, Kennelly, Hunt + (Waters, Sheppard)

Ablett, Selwood, Vince, Swift, Trengove, Martin + (Morabito, Bastinac)

Jolly, Kreuzer + (Trengove, Lobbe)

Goodes, Riewoldt, Pavlich, Polkinghorne, Dangerfield, Gumbleton, Tapscott + (Davis, Dennis-Lane)

watthewatto

dont like goodes, polkinghorne, newman and hunt but otherwise looking good :)

Hondo71

Your forwards tail off pretty quick after the 1st 3 I wonder if you get some money out of your defence and put it up forward?  can you get Buddy in there for example?

bjrouse

Quote from: watthewatto on February 09, 2010, 01:08:54 PM
dont like goodes, polkinghorne, newman and hunt but otherwise looking good :)

Why don't you like Goodes and Newman....
Goodes will score plenty

bradway

Polkinghorne is having a very good pre season, he will get better this year and is loved by his coach, exactly the type of player you need to take a risk with in this caper.
Newman will be one of the five best fantasy defenders again this year, a lock as a premium defender and Goodes is a gun, no question about it.

By the way, good side.

lozza63

Hey Watto - yes sir it sure can!

Backs - i'm not particularly partial to Gram - not because he doesn't get it but he is yet to average higher than 92, commits too many clangers - more over his scoring graph seems to be on the decline, then again if he gets that average you'll be well pleased! Personally if i had that kind of structure i'd get McGrath - his finish to the '09 season was great - look at his last 10 games, furthermore he finished 7th in Brissies best and fairest! His ability to re-bound off half back was great and he could fly under the radar as teams look to stifle Drummond!

Cant possibly agree with whatthewatto - the 4 players he mentioned are all top top draw!

Strong team even with that kooky Gram - Hondo makes a valid point re: the 4th forward Buddy is cheap! This would entail Gram to Maguire (example only) sparing up mega bucks for the forward upgrade target. It is true have a long tail with more bargains in the backs.

give this team 8/10

Watto

Yeah I will have a look at Maguire in the NAB

I don't personally like Buddy as an option - too unpredicatable

lozza63

If not Buddy maybe Higgins - heard he was sensational the other day in a Doggies intra club match. Sounds as if he is fit and raring! Hopefully over those niggles from last year.

gazjnr

i finished 102 last year after being number 36 with 2 weeks to go until injuries took hold. for me u r too light up forward, gram isnt as good as he once was clubs r onto him and his style, id trade him for a,rookie and bulk up the forwards. especially cause u have gilbee he is also hit and miss when tagged