Main Menu

2012 Brownlow Prediction

Started by Usman, March 15, 2012, 08:27:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFEV

Quote from: tbagrocks on September 24, 2012, 10:14:35 PM
Quote from: Usman on September 24, 2012, 10:11:13 PM
Looks like watson has it after round 9. he has 6 more votes than i bargained for at the same point in the count!!!
sept Bombers hardly win another game do they ::)
Hasn't stopped Ablett from polling 3 every second week. :-X

Usman

Watson's buffer on my count has been diminshed to 2 Ablett is exactly what i had him on. Cothin is +4 on my count with an exceptional finish and for the record Scotty T is -1 on my count. thats the top four and most likely to win IMO

tbagrocks

no way did Thommo have a better second half to Dangerman, Danger hasn't had a vote since the bye but was BOG for most of the Crows wins since! :o

tbagrocks

Moving on with the Count? is this Brownlow night or everything footy night? Thought it was Brownlow night?

EZA100

still anybodys i reckon... beams, cotchin or ablett could win it. thompson didnt have a good second half to the year.

AFEV

essendon30

Quote from: essendon30 on September 13, 2012, 04:50:28 PM
im an essendon supporter and after i used my formula i had jobe winning the brownlow with 34 votes. im not sure if im being biased though lol. my formula is weighted so it gives more value to disposals in the 1st and 4th quarter rather than the 2nd and 3rd and then also for clearances, tackles, disposal efficiency and scoring chain involvements. does anyone else think its just me being biased or does jobe have a legitimate chance of polling 34 votes lol

well it wasnt quite 34 but still good enough!!

Usman

What we have learnt:

My formula needs more emphasis on clangers and less emphasis on efficiency
Clearances are king
Never bet on Shane tuck
Tackles may have been overvalued in my formula this year.

Just for the record does anyone have the group bets and who was in the groups with tab? I didn't write them down and I wanna know if I won before I hand the ticket in.

Alka

A few big over-performances from Fyfe and Hayes, and under-performances from Ablett, Boyd, and Deledio.
You weren't too far off the mark with a lot of the others though, goes to show how impossible it can be to predict though.

So, will you be making some more adjustments to the formula for next time?