Suggestion to Virtual Sports

Started by MTTY, July 03, 2012, 03:22:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MTTY

I sent the following email to Virtual Sports as a suggestion for next year.

Suggestion for AFL DT/SC

Hey, just wanted to suggest a possible idea to deal with the upcoming six bye rounds in 2013.

My idea is to keep the rule changes simply (as usual) by doing the following:

In the bye rounds a player who has a bye is given his predicted Supercoach/Dream Team  gold score. However certain rules must apply.

1. The player must have played for his club in the previous game.

2. The player must not be under suspension.

3. The player must be available for selection (uninjured).

4. No participant of Supercoach or Dream Team is allowed to trade in players during their bye week. (as it will give them a sure fire score)

I think this rule is very simply to understand and integrate into fantasy. Given the amount of byes is 6 and not 3, there needs to be a way to force people to continue enjoying and playing VS products and i believe this is it.

I have heard and seen a large number of this years participants annoyed and say things along the lines of "i'm bored of Supercoach, because of all these donuts (zeros)" or "I'm quitting Dream team next year as having six byes will be too hard to handle, with too many donuts."

From this i feel my solution of taking away these large amount of donuts is the answer. While the obvious flaw is that people will know what they are scoring with certain players (who to bench and who to play) this still does create a sufficient amount of guess work to predict if another player will or will not outscore them.

Cheers for your time.

grant17

Nice idea, but don't the players with the bye get a predicted 0? And they can't really predict a score because they aren't playing against a team, so they can't take into account past performances etc. against that team. I guess they could predict a score based purely upon form leading up to their bye? Or just use a 3 or 5 game rolling average?

MTTY

Quote from: grant17 on July 03, 2012, 03:57:24 PM
Nice idea, but don't the players with the bye get a predicted 0? And they can't really predict a score because they aren't playing against a team, so they can't take into account past performances etc. against that team. I guess they could predict a score based purely upon form leading up to their bye? Or just use a 3 or 5 game rolling average?

Yes thats the thinking i had. Based on form mainly.  :)

Speculator

Good on you for taking the time to formulate a solution, however any solution which involves predictd scores or averages is a bit of a joke.

Capper

nice idea but i cant see them going for this. I dont think that they will have 6 teams missing per week like this year as people were whinging about there not being enough footy on. I believe they will go with something similar to last years and have 2 teams missing per week with the first couple of weeks all teams are playing

Duck

So people said "I'm bored of Supercoach, because of all these donuts (zeros)" Well, how would someone be bored because of getting donuts? This is actually making the game more challenging and interesting, not boring. It would require more strategic plans. If they can't handle it, let them quit. They don't deserve to win any prizes.

"I'm quitting Dream team next year as having six byes will be too hard to handle, with too many donuts." Why didn't they quit this year? Last year, every round had 2 teams with a bye and 3 teams with a bye in 3 rounds. Why are they back this year when it also had byes?

Let them quit. This means you have one less coach to deal with. Wouldn't that be better? ::)

jamez_1983

I think the way it will end up will be with and extra bench player per position and an extra half dozen trades.
I think if they did that, and you were smart with DPPs and player selections it could still be great.

Time will tell

Capper

Quote from: Duck on July 03, 2012, 05:41:09 PM
Last year, every round had 2 teams with a bye and 3 teams with a bye in 3 rounds.
are you sure??? I thought last year there were 5 or 6 rounds where 3 teams had the bye and then every other round 1 team had the bye.

Rusty00

I'd be happy with an extra bench player, even if there were no extra trades  :)

Capper

all teams had 2 byes last year and chances are that they will probably increase the bench like year with a little bit more money and hopefully a bit more freedom moving players

Runnin Scared

Quote from: Rusty00 on July 03, 2012, 06:14:04 PM
I'd be happy with an extra bench player, even if there were no extra trades  :)

Only issue with that is that there are no Gold Coast or GWS to fill these extra bench players. The number of rookies playing each week is likely to be lower than the last 2 years. Means a larger number of rookies with less JS than the last 2 years.