Main Menu

Aaron Edwards

Started by quinny88, October 25, 2012, 09:19:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quinny88

Edwards will likely become a Tiger as of tomorrow.
For one reason or another he has never really got going at the Kangas.
He has been brilliant in patches but always seemed to be out of favour with the coach and dropped quite frequently.

From an outside perspective ive always thought of him as a guy with a beautiful kick at goal and a nice leap and pair of hands.
Probably slightly undersized to be a FF or CHF.

Would like to hear the opinions of him from the Roos supporters? (without just saying he's rubbish because he is leaving North)

antonc

Great mark and very accurate kick. Should do well at the tigers.
Too many in front of hime at north. Plus a bit too old (28 I think) compared to most of the team.
I think with boomer out in the first 6 games next year the roos will be under 23 years old on average.
So prob not in our future plans!

roo boys!

Exactly right antonc.

He's a naturally talented player that's for sure but struggled to get into our forward line in the second half of the year, handy as maybe the third tall.

quinny88

He's struggled his whole career though to get consistent games it seems.
I know Norths forward line was great in the 2nd half of the year but before that it hadnt looked good for years and Edwards still couldnt be garunteed a game. He played 19 in 2011 but apart from that 15 is the most he has played

bottlemart

I concur with antonc and RooBoys.

Azza was a good player, without ever being the #1 fwd.  He has always been 2nd or 3rd fwd behind Nathan Thompson, and later Petrie, and only lost his spot because the club decided to go with Tarrant and Hansen, therefore leaving the likes of azza and pedo in the VFL. 

Azza looked good before he broke his leg, i think that may have been in 2008 at a guess, correct me if i'm wrong on that one.  After that he was still solid, a very accurate set shot for goal, and can still take a mark in the air or on the lead.  Not all that tall for a key fwd, 184cm, hence why he will always be the 2nd or 3rd option and that's why he had to rely on his leap or leading to take marks, but could be OK at the tigers as support for Reiwoldt.

I wish him all the best at the tigers, but hope he doesn't kick a bag against north.