Main Menu

Top 8 already set by round 9?

Started by Spite, May 22, 2012, 02:14:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spite

Was just having a think, and I cannot see any of the current top 8 sides dropping out of the 8 this year.

Sydney will drop down, don't know how much, but you would expect the Pies and Hawks to challenge for that spot.

Freo have an awesome run after the byes, I would guess they will pinch 7th or 8th spot.

Carlton and hawks won't drop out along with the Pies (unless carlton really start to go poop), which just leaves adelaide, west coast and essendon. West coast and Adelaide have very easy draws, so I would guess they would not drop out of the 8.

Is it done and dusted already?

Holz

I wouldnt write of stkilda and gellong but i would say the top 8 will come from the top 10. I would have said roos would have had a chance up untill the port game.

TheMailman

I think as Holz said the teams that will make up the top 10 is more or less set.

My obvious bias says that the Swans won't drop but I could go on for many paragraphs about that :P

Carlton have really started sliding a bit and they'll need to start winning soon if they want that treasured top 4 spot but they won't miss lower than 6th.

WC - 4 out of their next 6 would secure a top 5 spot. Another win against a Collingwood/Carlton/Sydney thats coming up soon would confirm top 4.

Adelaide - You'd be scratching your head if they didn't make the top 4 this year with their wins. I guess they'd show up well to the Pies and Dockers before the bye.

Bombers - Looking at their general games trend I wouldn't be suprised if they reached 1st on the ladder before round 17. They'll have to do well to consolidate top 4 after that.

Swans - Same as Bombers except the grit starts at round 19.

Magpies - Tough draw, going away. They're coming back as a strong side again but I wouldn't bet on top 4.

Hawks - Will rise soon with Richmond, GWS and Port coming up soon. Again rounds 16-19 a teller but you'd assume top 3.

Carlton - Honestly I have little idea over these guys. Whether this slump will continue is unknown but really they need to fix it by the next 2 rounds because after that...

Fremantle - They'll probably dip out of the 8 briefly but look to come storming home to challenge.

Saints - Collingwood, Geelong, Adelaide, Essendon, Carlton and 2x Sydney to come. Ouch

Geelong - Fairly kind draw should see them steadily increasing...

I think that the Saints will be one of the unlucky to miss out at 9th or 10th but who from the other 9 will join them? If Carlton can't turn themselves around maybe, but I doubt it. After the game against the Hawks my early guess is the 9th and 10th spots will be Saints and Freo but the order of the 8 looks very uncertain.

I feel sorry for North who probably would of made it on this form last year  :-\

Usman

Your kidding, what about the tiges? We have a real chance of making the finals this year look at our run home from here on in. One of the best. Once again yes i am aware of the term reflexivity.

TheMailman

Quote from: Usman on June 06, 2012, 09:20:45 PM
Your kidding, what about the tiges? We have a real chance of making the finals this year look at our run home from here on in. One of the best. Once again yes i am aware of the term reflexivity.

Where did their 5 wins come from?

Teams like Port and Melbourne are not difficult, they have a fantastic record against the Swans at the MCG, beat the Hawks who have really faltered (they also had 3 injuries), Saints are a borderline 8 team as well.

I'm not saying they aren't a top 8 worthy team, its just there's about 10 of them