Main Menu

Diablo III

Started by valkorum, May 16, 2012, 02:14:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valkorum

So....... who got it.

I did and so far I like it.  The only thing I dont like is that you can add your stat points (they are allocated automatically)

BlackMamba

I couldn't log in last night at 5:01pm lol servers kept erroring. Anyways played a bit so far, pretty good but I still like the darkness of D2 over D3 so far. I think the stat point system is ok cause it means I don't need to think about allocating in case I make a mistake lol.

BlackMamba

Bloody error 3003 atm lol

c4v3m4n

Time for a small rant...

1. I simply can't believe that you can't play the game offline. You must be connected to the internet at all time to play both the single-player campaign and the multiplayer campaign due to the DRM.

What a stupid concept especially when the servers are constantly overloaded.

2. You'd think that Blizzard would have created enough server space for the amount of sales they were predicting. Even over-estimate the amount you'd need. But no. They didn't.

3. Still annoyed that the game looks more like WoW than Diablo II.

End of rant. For now.

valkorum

1)  Prob due to the fact that you can be playing a solo game and make it public while you are playing.  I dont have a problem with this as you can now use your "Heroes" in both solo and multi-play games (which you couldnt with D2)

2) Server space/capacity costs money (ask m0nty)

3) Never played WOW so dont know.

BlackMamba

I understand your pain c4v3m4n (well I haven't played WOW but have seen it)

1) Agree with Valkorum that at least my solo guy can play multi player when I want to rather than create a new guy. I am actually just soloing atm cause I want to enjoy the story. Just finish Act 1 and it is so bloody epic already.

2) Well I understand that there are server costs but we paid for the product and therefore have the right to be annoyed if they can't deliver on what we paid for. I think if they had made an offline mode, people wouldn't be as angry but I am sure once servers settle down it should be all good. They said the open beta was suppose to be a stress test but I guess they didn't anticipate it getting so much demand (or maybe they should of).

Anyway, since this afternoon when they fixed the last error, it's been working fine.

3) Yeah I think a lot of people including myself think it's a bit too colorful rather than the dark atmosphere we were used to in D2. I am sure I'll adjust to it though.

What classes are you guys playing as? I am a demon hunter atm, pretty sick.

Spite

Had to choose between Diablo III and Guild Wars 2...  (can't play two massive computer games at the same time or i'd fail at life) but chose the latter. Hope you guys enjoy it :)

valkorum

I didnt get much chance to play last night as I had footy training and that always involves drinking lots of beer afterwards. 

I have started as a Monk - pretty cool so far.  The Auction House is pretty damn sweet too.

valkorum

The more I am understanding the game the more I am starting to like it.  If anyone wants to group up my battle net is valkorum#6163