The Cons Of Picking A Midfield Captain Vs GWS And GC

Started by Mr.Craig, May 08, 2012, 02:41:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldshepp

Does any of the credit go to JMac for his tagging role on Murphy on the weekend?

fertalong

Quote from: oldshepp on May 08, 2012, 08:07:22 PM
Does any of the credit go to JMac for his tagging role on Murphy on the weekend?

It wasn't a hard tag. I think Jmac did well enough to win some loose ball that murphy would otherwise have gotten, hence getting a high score himself.

thatguy

There is trend forming with players v GWS. Boyd "only" scored 115, Murphy failed, goodes didn't crack ton, Andrew swallow struggled. Yet others - bastinac, Anthony, Simpson, robinson etc gunned it. Playing the giants is a paradise for a pure outside midfielder as there is so much space and giants can run with them for 4 quarters. I'm not saying when collingwood plays swan and pendles will struggle (if they are not rested) but the likes if Thomas, beams will run riot more IMO

Zombie2.5

Quote from: frazzles on May 08, 2012, 05:43:38 PM
Quote from: tbagrocks on May 08, 2012, 02:48:54 PM
keep it simple, Swan or Ablett every week, Stants if you got a hunch (be prepared for a 60)
60 or 160? theres 116 difference between his best and worst
You guys have the same picture, so confusing.

Ablett should be a good choice though, as he will actually try hard, it might be quite even.

Just never pick your captain based on who they are playing(as in if their low on the ladder), only based on scoring history if you want to base it on the team they're playing. Teams that don't have a tagger( a good one ) are good choices.

Quote from: whatlez on May 08, 2012, 02:47:44 PM
Quote from: Mr.Craig on May 08, 2012, 02:45:37 PM
Quote from: whatlez on May 08, 2012, 02:43:49 PM
Pick captain who is playing good opposition.

...or Brisbane? :P

Yeah they have good mids, just shower everything else.
Beware!!! Watch out for Raines..... He might not go away like he's supposed to....
Raines raines go away,
come again another day!

Just back one of your super premo mids, not at random, check out their history and form. Although sometimes i pick captain/rookie choices based on who did shower the previous week. It works, sometimes.......

T Dog

If in doubt pick your highest averaging player. The reason they are highest averaging is their all round scoring. :o

Andrew

Anyone looked at time on ground? Murphy was benched 3 or 4 times in the first quarter from what I heard on the radio. Might just be more bench time the reason for lower scores..?