Harley Bennell?

Started by Perthwildcat, May 09, 2012, 12:17:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The F.A.R.K.

Quote from: Phasir on May 09, 2012, 05:47:35 PM
Quote from: The F.A.R.K. on May 09, 2012, 05:39:33 PM
Dont want to be racist at all its just in a general term

but the indigenous lads usually are inconsistent. They are all generally great players and eciting to watch but that doesnt always relate to dt points. Rioli can take 7 bouces down the wing dodge 4 defenders and kick a goal but only get 9 points, yet he could get best on field for a few of these

Bennell is a great player but he wont be cracking out 130s every week
what's that Sydney Swans' players' name..? Adam Goodes the two time brownlow medalist and one of the most consistent DTers in history you say? sounds about right.
I'd compare Harley to Adam, not Cyril, because DELICIOUS can't play midfield.

goodes is fairly consistent but he is the only real one

buddy can be on and off, varcoe is the worst for it, motlop was the same, burgoynes were up and down, even christensen will score 130 one week 60 the next

they can av 90-100 every year for 5 years but im talking about game to game

Phasir

The majority of the indigenous guys are the small speedster pocket goal sneaks, doesn't matter what race they are at all, they're going to be inconsistent scorers, Burgoyne was actually a pretty reliable DTer compared to other players, Franklin usually dominates but will then have a sub 70 game a few times a season, even Ablett would have some inconsistent scores if he was held in the pocket every game.

Personally, I think it comes down to the role they play in their team.  I believe that Harley will develop a big enough tank to play midfield like Burgoyne did at Port & then for a stint at the Hawks, he doesn't strike me as the same mold of player akin to Rioli, Alwyn Davey, Jurruh, Garlett, or even any of the Jetta's, he's probably better than Chris Yarran who's playing fairly consistent footy right now for the Blues in a team where they're not short on midfield superstars.

bowyanger

Any KPP is going to be inconsistant, especially a forward.

There are way too many variables to go on about the colour of someones blood when determining their FANTASY football scores.

The game has become such a tactical machine that roles can change each week, for each player, anything to get an edge over the opposition.

A mojor thing to consider is these blokes ages, Cyril is still only 23 this year, still quite young IMO to be a dominant, consistant performer at AFL level...hell...the coach had the poor dude playing in the back pocket against the Eagles for 3/4 of the game...then on the weekend has him 1 out in the fwd 50 and he kicks 6...this highlights a coaches influence over potential Fantasy scores

Im not saying Bennell is a good fantasy prospect, I just cant believe some peoples straight out ignorance on indigenous footballers.

As stated above, watch chriss yarran play the game, he is extremely consistant in the way he goes about his footy, Jesus, I dont think Ive seen him do a bad kick this year yet, but because of his role given him by his coach can change from attacking to more of a shut down, his fantasy scoring can reflect this.

Grow a brain fool