Dream Team Premiums - Who makes the cut?

Started by thollo, May 03, 2012, 07:50:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thollo

Just created an example for people to go with, by no means does this constitute the meaning of premium but I just thought I'd give it a go.

Premiums this year are becoming a hard thing to come by, especially ones that are reliable, don't give away frees (BUDDY!) and score consistently high. I've done a fair amount of research and have listed who I believe are currently premiums and who just misses.

Firstly, the prices. The lowest amount for each position should be...
Backs - 450k
Mids - 500k
Rucks - 440k
Forwards - 450k

These players are
Backs - Scotland, Deledio and Goddard (8 players between 450k and 400k)
Mids - Ablett, Swan, Murphy, Boyd, Stanton, Rockliff, Pendlebury, Mitchell, J.Selwood (9 players between 500k and 480k)
Rucks - Sandilands, Mumford and Cox (7 players between 411k and 400k)
Forwards - Robinson, Beams, Sidebottom, Franklin, Goodes (Sylvia 448k, 14 players between 440k and 400k)

Premiums by Averages
Backs - 90+ - Deledio, Scotland, Goddard, Birchall, Waters (5 players between 90-85)
Mids - 105+ - Ablett, Swan, Stanton, Murphy, Boyd, J.P.Kennedy, Simpson, S.Selwood, Rockliff, Pendlebury, Thompson, Watson, Deledio, Ward, Cotchin, Hayes, Mitchell, Ebert, Scotland (9 players between 105-100)
Rucks - 85+ - Sandilands, Ryder, Hmac, Mumford, Jacobs, Cox, Giles, Minson (5 players between 85-80)
Forwards - 90+ - Robinson, Sidey, Buddy, Beams, D'field, Chappy, WhiteX, Waite, Lewis, Hawkins (7 players between 90-85)

Obviously if they are listed in the averages premiums but not the price premiums then they are a good buy, especially players like Kennedy, Waters, Simpson, D'field, Giles etc
Obviously there are players like Barlow who have been injured and subsequently had price/average drops, but I have neglected to include them (If you can't tell I hold Barlow in very high regard, 109ave first year? total dt slut)

Anybody want to do this for rookies??
And have fun with that lot of stats guys :D

Justin Bieber

thollo

Oh shower you're right I missed him, editing now

Justin Bieber

They look good. I would say Ruckman prems are 90+

Last year there were more 90+ averagers...

thollo

Yeah it's all open to personal opinion but the 85+ gave a few more names to add. Should say that there were a large number of players who are popular but don't fall into the priciest or best average for some reason. Having a look for another stat perspective would be nice