McCarthy-> Swan and Smith -> Pfiffier
2 (12.5%)
McCarthy -> Pendlebury
10 (62.5%)
Don't trade
2 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 0

disco1992

hey guys my current line up is stanton, boyd, mitchell, MCCARTHY, Magner, Jmac (shiel, greene) and i was looking to trade out mccarthy to a pie i have 209000 in the bank and have 19 trades left trying to trade hard early:
my rucks are Maric,giles ( redden, Mummy)
forwards are robbo, steele, buddy, danger, dusty, smith, kennedy, hall, treloar

Option 1 McCarthy-> Swan and Mumford -> Stephenson
pros makes most money allows for 2 forward upgrades and a mid in next 2 weeks and is the best of the cheap ruckmen
con doesnt leave me with much bench cover in the ruck( if giles has a rest) because stephenson cant get a gig.

Option 2 McCarthy-> Swan and Mumford -> Longer
pros allows upgrade same as 1 and is playing this week
con more expensive than stephenson with similar JS

Option 3 McCarthy-> Swan and Smith -> Pfiffier
Pro if smith is dropped i have to go this to avoid a donut
Con dont trust pfieffers JS

Option 4 McCarthy -> Pendlebury
Pro one trade to get a preimium
Con he's not swan and more likely to get tagged in my opinion as he is more damaging with his disposals! will leave me without money

Ricochet

Option 1: Orren and Reddens JS is bloody terrible. If Maric or Giles go down and you can't play these two your wasting another trade. You've held mummy so far, so i would hold until he's back.

Option 2: see option one, insert Longer. no deal

Option 3: only do if Smith is dropped, otherwise save your trades. im not a fan of 5fer either and not 100% on his JS.

Option 4: you picked McCarthy to 1) thought he would improve and put up decent scores?? 2) make you money??
He's averaging close to 80 and has made you 65k.  with a BE of 59, theres still more money to be made here and will post some 90+ scores. I would keep for now.

Your midfield has 3x 110+ players, a midpricer of 75-80+ and two rookies of 80+. Thats fairly decent for this early in the season.
At this stage your not copping any donuts? unless smith isn't named.
i would save your trades because imo you won't gain enough from making them this week. in the next 2-3 weeks definitely. But not this week if you have a full squad.

fertalong

You have good cover in your rucks so I would just hold out until mummy is back.
Swan is a must have at this point and is an auto-lock captain with GAJ out.

I'm not sold on 5fer at this stage. I would look at Taylor Adams unless byes were an issue. He was pretty highly rated, and recruited at 17. Walked into the side and onto the field straight away (similar to Treloar and Shiel), so I would say his JS is pretty good. He has higher scoring potential than 5fer, cheaper too (I think) and you get to keep your DPP.

disco1992

Quote from: Ricochet on May 04, 2012, 01:37:17 PM
Option 1: Orren and Reddens JS is bloody terrible. If Maric or Giles go down and you can't play these two your wasting another trade. You've held mummy so far, so i would hold until he's back.

Option 3: only do if Smith is dropped, otherwise save your trades. im not a fan of 5fer either and not 100% on his JS.

Option 4: you picked McCarthy to 1) thought he would improve and put up decent scores?? 2) make you money??
He's averaging close to 80 and has made you 65k.  with a BE of 59, theres still more money to be made here and will post some 90+ scores. I would keep for now.

Your midfield has 3x 110+ players, a midpricer of 75-80+ and two rookies of 80+. Thats fairly decent for this early in the season.
i would save your trades because imo you won't gain enough from making them this week. in the next 2-3 weeks definitely. But not this week if you have a full squad.

yer good points but i know mccarty can score around the 80 mark but his brand of football is too inconsistant i hate watching him playing that far outside its nnot funny makes stanton look like an in and under player and im trying to finalise my team as soon as i can so im not sure still thanks for the advice  ;D

Ricochet

Quote from: disco1992 on May 04, 2012, 01:43:54 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on May 04, 2012, 01:37:17 PM

yer good points but i know mccarty can score around the 80 mark but his brand of football is too inconsistant i hate watching him playing that far outside its nnot funny makes stanton look like an in and under player and im trying to finalise my team as soon as i can so im not sure still thanks for the advice  ;D
hahaha loved this

Justin Bieber

I wouldn't trade Mummy to two Rooks who aren't playing... Especially the Big O

Chelskiman

Don't trade.  If you REALLY want to then straight swap to Pendles.

disco1992