Non-Playing Rookies

Started by Madsnake, May 04, 2012, 08:14:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madsnake

I'm in a bit of a dilemma as to what to do with these players, do we trade them out and get the small amount of cash they have given us or do we leave them on the pine, wasting away until they finally get a few more games and make that cash they deserve.

I currently have A.Hall, T.Couch and C.Smith all not playing (along with the obvious two of Redden and Big O) am i better off downgrading a playing rook which has made me more cash but still has a gettable/low B/E e.g. D.Smith, D.Shiel or trade out Hall or C.Smith make a small amount of cash and have more playing rooks making me cash?

What's your opinion on this tedious matter?

JBs-Hawks

Trade if your escapting a doughnut, hold otherwise.

Ricochet

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on May 04, 2012, 08:29:07 AM
Trade if your escapting a doughnut, hold otherwise.
Well said. C.smith will play again. As will Hall
My only concern with your rookies is couch. He has a fair few more experienced players in front of him waiting for a call up. If you are facing a donut, he would be the one to go

tigertops

couch is the tough one. sittin there doin nothing when you could trade for someone on the bubble and be making cash from next week on. but its using a vital trade?

im the same with  ledger.
dont know whether to keep him or waste a trade to a playing rookie on the bubble. 5fer, or next week horsley, adams...??

salver11

I have Hall and I CAN NOT see him getting a game in the near future. He has no defencive mindset which is what GC need. With Matera out it was his chance to come back in but he's not even an emergency. I hope i'm wrong but I think he's a goner.

thatguy

Quote from: salver11 on May 04, 2012, 02:52:33 PM
I have Hall and I CAN NOT see him getting a game in the near future. He has no defencive mindset which is what GC need. With Matera out it was his chance to come back in but he's not even an emergency. I hope i'm wrong but I think he's a goner.

No defensive mindset? Don't think that is quite right. I spoke to Marcus Ashcroft in the pres season and he said SMS were rapt with his forward pressure

LaHug

Obviously, if there is a rookie on the bubble that has scored very well and is likely to continue doing so (maybe Horsely next week), then you can trade one of them out. Otherwise, it's not worth the trade.

Madsnake

I'm not copping a donut this week i was more referring to long term.