MRP is a joke

Started by owenbond007, May 08, 2012, 09:33:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mpollock

+1 - great call  ;D

unceramonius

Lol, people like bluke show their lack of footy knowledge.  its not incompetence, its all facts.  If it isnt a problem, then why are so many complaining, in a system that fines complainers over anything?

as for pollock.....i get your points, and i accept this whole exploit of the rules thing. Thats why the rule needs changing, because if not...you are going to have 17 other teams do it. Fair dinkum......52 more frees than anyone, you give any team 52 more frees so far and you would have to ask...would hawks be 2-3?  Richmond 1-4?  No way.

We arnt talking 5 or 6 frees, were talking 52....only 6 weeks in!!!!!  Thats on pace for over 200, more than 8 weeks worth of frees some teams would get giving their average.  That is some sick stuff.  Its a case of a rule change RIGHT NOW, or simply saying ...nup you made the tackle head high... play on. Or does  a player have to get paralyzed first?

as for selwood being soft.....nah he is  a hard nut.  If hitting people is soft, then Beau Waters is the softest player ive ever seen with his sniping of the ball every game. But hodge is crazy tough.....ill give you that

mpollock

The Hawks are sitting 3-3 after a tough draw and some close loses ... but you won't see me complaining about the WCE free kick count ... good on them if it is within the rules and they can draw frees like that.  Agree something needs to be done about it but for now teams need to tackle better by pinning the arm (like Rioli does) ...  :)

My Selwood comment was just a joke ... i know he is tough and goes hard ... he just lost a bit of cred however after the Guerra and Raines incidents.  :)

unceramonius

Yeah fair enough, hawks scare me silly.  Definitly not the team i want to face in finals.

If 17 teams play like the eagles we will have a problem, and im sure thats why the afl will step in. People hate watching sydney cause its stoppage after stoppage.  Watching games with free counts 50 a piece would be mind numbinly boring.

the raines thing was just silly. Has learnt nothing. Lets hope he doesnt have a brain fade before finals

mpollock

As Selwood is in my SC team (not DT) i hope he doesn't have a brain fade either!!  Killed me with him being rested last week.

If Hawks can keep their players on the ground fit (esp. hodge/gibson/gilham/roughy) then they are a serious change to take out the flag.  Just not sure they can do it without Hodge and not sure his body is up to it.

On the MRP ... topic at hand ... it appeats the MRP and the Tribunal are very confused on several rules ... a lot of incidents being thown out this year.

Bluke

For every person complaining, there is another that doesnt care or thinks its smart. Most of the complainers have been on the recieving end. Most of the people that think its smart are players. Its up to the tackler to lay an effective tackle. Just like its up to the defender to make an effective spoil. Why dont you go write to AFL 360 with your whiney grievences, I'm sure those pansies would love to have you.

You claim to sprout facts, when IN FACT Lyon actually supports the tactic 'if you cant beat them join them.' You claim its cheating, when Geishan specifically said its within the rules.

You claim a lot, but offer little. You simply echo the opinions of those who are paid to give opinions. 

Keep em coming.. trollololol

Zombie2.5

I think we're going a bit off topic here....
Remember what the first post or the title is about?

How does WCE free kicks have anything to do with the MRP...

owenbond007

Yes well off topic. The mrp must have a law and guideline. Clearly this memo has no credibility that the afl has sent to clubs and mrp. So as long as you are playing the ball and not man you can slide in anyway you like according to the rules. Technically even Goodes could of got off if he argued his case correctly. Id be surprised if we have any more guys heading to the tribunal in relation to this issue again this year. Otherwise the mrp will lose even more credibility. 

Perhaps a duckers topic is needed.

HappyDEZ

Quote from: Zombie2.5 on May 09, 2012, 10:41:44 PM
I think we're going a bit off topic here....
Remember what the first post or the title is about?

How does WCE free kicks have anything to do with the MRP...
For what it's worth I agree totally, it is off topic. Nonetheless the thread has morphed into an issue. Mums want their sons to have their heads protected, we all do. But professionalism has turned it into a blight, like the 'dive' in soccer. Even aside from WCE professionalism/tactics we see players attack a contest upright & the other player dives kamikaze into your legs. Free kick, high contact. Tuff one to sort, but it def. needs attention.