Round 11 Bye Forward Premiums

Started by pim fortuyn, May 02, 2012, 12:26:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pim fortuyn

Desperately need ANY premium options from the round 11 bye. who would you guys suggest is the #1 option? dangerfield? harvey (not keen)? power? darling now that kennedy is out? not much to pick from but need some advice very badly.

Ricochet

probably Danger and maybe Darling, why do you need R11 bye forwards?

pim fortuyn

i had 3 round 13 bye premiums from the start (franklin, martin, robinson), and sidebottom, and traded fyfe to beams a while ago, so i have 2 in the round 12 bye now as well. id rather take someone from round 11, but might need to get a round 12 bye player just for the higher scoring. just asking if people thought there was a good round 11 option.

Ricochet

Ahh ok fair enough, no R11 bye players are really standing out atm so i was planning on having 2 rooks on the bench in R11 and then playing them in R12 and upgrading them after that. Unless a R11 bye premium steps up, which they haven't yet

Zombie2.5

Yeah, you could just keep your Adams/Kennedy/Smith/rd 11 rook fwds and when round 11 comes, possibly cop a donut but hopefully only have 2 rd 11 players to bench. Then play them round 12 and you can trade to more round 12 premos and round 13 premos after that.

If your struggling to find someone in that bye, then upgrading that position later could be an option. Surely you can stick with 4 premo's for a bit, 2 from 12 and 2 from 13, if you have 3 then just bad luck and cop the donut.

But if you REALLY want the options:
Dangerfield(Showing more and more potential now and possibly breakout)
Harvey(proven premo but he's really old now)
Leigh Adams, but he isn't looking that GREAT right now.
Chad Cornes/Luke Power are some risky GWS picks.
Otherwise theres not really much.

pim fortuyn

i think i agree with that strategy. none of the round 11 premiums are likely to be in the top 10 forwards come the end of the year, let alone the top 7 or 5. i should probably just wait until the round 12 bye is over and then bring in chapman or someone else.

luke power is the only person im considering, he is playing as a sweeper across half back, doing what chad cornes did but better. if chad comes back this week and power has the same role and scoring, id consider him pretty strongly. would you agree?

Ricochet

Quote from: pim fortuyn on May 02, 2012, 01:03:21 AM
i think i agree with that strategy. none of the round 11 premiums are likely to be in the top 10 forwards come the end of the year, let alone the top 7 or 5. i should probably just wait until the round 12 bye is over and then bring in chapman or someone else.

luke power is the only person im considering, he is playing as a sweeper across half back, doing what chad cornes did but better. if chad comes back this week and power has the same role and scoring, id consider him pretty strongly. would you agree?
The only problem i have with Power and Cornes is they will get rested. So if that happens to be during the bye period, you'd be flowered.
Just hold tight for now and see if anyone else pops up. If not, play rooks

Justin Bieber

Gia looks like a pretty solid pick ;) haha