Porps out? My Idea then...

Started by joshas182, May 01, 2012, 12:11:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joshas182

So is Porps definately out for a few weeks?
If so, I'm thinkin trading out Porps --> Horseley then Congis --> Sidebum
At the mo I have $109,700 & 20 trades:
Lids, Heppell, Goddard, Heaters, Bugg, Hargrave, Ellis (Smedts, Darley)
Ablett, Pendles, Boyd, Mitchell, Magner, DSmith (Conigs, Shiel)
Sandi, Giles (Orren, Redde)
Franklin, Danger, Martin, Goodes, Fyfe, Porps, Treleor (Hall, Tomlinson)

Thoughts? I know Sidebum will rise again in price this week, but it it too early to get Horseley before a 2nd game?

tbagrocks

Porps had a run with the boys today

jfitty

I hope he comes back in this week. Feel as though Porps still has quite a bit of cash to make

T Dog

I am wondering about Porps to Walker this week. Not much of an upgrade though and just not sure he will be a keeper. Is Walker on anybodies radar as an upgrade for Porps?

Justin Bieber

Quote from: T Dog on May 01, 2012, 12:40:30 PM
I am wondering about Porps to Walker this week. Not much of an upgrade though and just not sure he will be a keeper. Is Walker on anybodies radar as an upgrade for Porps?

Didn't Walker get suspended? Or did he get off?

jfitty

Quote from: whatlez on May 01, 2012, 12:47:35 PM

Pretty sure he got off, pleaded guilty and was given a reprimand. Not sure I'd jump on Tex, I think Porps has made enough cash now that you could downgrade a rookie and upgrade him to a real premium

tbagrocks

he got reprimanded, with 93 carryover points, he'll play,
but he will have a few shocking games to go with his great ones, if you can take the 50- to go with the 100 then get him, but that move for porps, I'd say no- mabey look at tippett

T Dog

Quote from: jfitty on May 01, 2012, 12:49:36 PM

Pretty sure he got off, pleaded guilty and was given a reprimand. Not sure I'd jump on Tex, I think Porps has made enough cash now that you could downgrade a rookie and upgrade him to a real premium

Yeah thanks there Guys. Probably Beams or Pearce on Friday but still looking around for a POD keeper.

joshas182

If Porps does play then I'll look at other trades...Just thought he was injured and gonna be out for 2-3weels

Romulus

Yeah based on the Porps possible injury I am thinking of doing a double trade with Mumford still on my bench. Mumford OUT Big O IN (Supposing he gets named), then Porps OUT Marc Murphy IN.

Downside I will be left with an out of form Kreuzer (may even be rested) leading my rucks with Giles, and the two of Redden and Orren riding the pine who may or may not play that often. Also lose DPP link to mids.

Upside is I get Marc Murphy who I believe is a must.

Obviously a lot is riding on the team sheets come Thursday/Friday and the fact that I am playing an easy-beat in my main league.

danger

Quote from: Romulus on May 01, 2012, 01:42:02 PM
Yeah based on the Porps possible injury I am thinking of doing a double trade with Mumford still on my bench. Mumford OUT Big O IN (Supposing he gets named), then Porps OUT Marc Murphy IN.

Downside I will be left with an out of form Kreuzer (may even be rested) leading my rucks with Giles, and the two of Redden and Orren riding the pine who may or may not play that often. Also lose DPP link to mids.

Upside is I get Marc Murphy who I believe is a must.

Obviously a lot is riding on the team sheets come Thursday/Friday and the fact that I am playing an easy-beat in my main league.

The only part of this plan that I agree on!